chapter 10

1 month later

Pocahontas was in the fields with her son and Nakoma. John was with the other English men building a new ship for John and his family. Pocahontas was teaching her son about what they were doing in the fields. "See L.J. we pick the food and bring it back to camp so we can have dinner later." Pocahontas says as they continue to harvest the crops. Little John just giggles. Pocahontas giggles as well. "Well I suppose he's a little young to understand." Pocahontas says as she continues to pick the crops and put them in the basket. Nakoma giggles too. "Hey are you sure you should be out here in the fields? I mean you are pregnant." Nakoma asked. Pocahontas smiles. "Nakoma just because I'm pregnant doesn't mean I can't do anything. I just can't carry heavy stuff. I'm not going to just lay around all day with no one to talk to. Besides pregnant women need a little exercise too." Pocahontas says as she lightly pats her stomach. Nakoma laughs. "Oh I get your point. So is little John going to carry your half of this?" Nakoma asked as she pointed to the very full basket of crops. "Well actually yes. Well part of it anyway. Here Little John." Pocahontas says as she puts a little basket in his hands. Then she takes some of the crops and puts them in his basket. "Come on little John. Let's get these back to camp." Pocahontas says as she leads him in the right direction. Nakoma awed and they began to head back to camp. "Oh Pocahontas. That's adorable. Little John is so cute." Nakoma says. "Yes he is and he is getting so big." Pocahontas replied. "Yeah." Nakoma says. "You know, I think Reyansh is going to purpose next month." Nakoma says. Pocahontas gasps. "No way!" She shouts. Nakoma has a huge grin on her face. "Yes! We are just so perfect for each other. I am getting the feeling that he is getting ready to purpose." Nakoma says excitedly. "Oh Nakoma that's so great!" Pocahontas says excitedly. "I know! You better save up your strength! Because we will probably be married before you give birth." Nakoma says with a giggle. Pocahontas laughs at this. "Oh don't worry baby or no baby I will be up there as your maid of honor." Pocahontas replied. They both laughed and finally arrived at the camp. They dumped the crops in huge basket where they keep the food for dinner.

Meanwhile John was working on their new ship with the help of some of the English men and some of the men from the village. They were building the bottom of the boat. Soon they have the bottom completely built and they take a break. John wipes his forehead to get the sweat off. "Wooh! Nice work boys let's take a break men." John says as he sits down on a nearby rock. Thomas and a few of the other men sit down with him to cool off as well. "So Pocahontas is going to have another baby. How do you feel about that John. Thomas asked. "Oh Thomas! It makes me the happiest man in the world. I finally have a family again." John says proudly. "So how many rooms are we going to put on this ship?" Ben asked. "Well I want at least five. That way we have enough room for guests and for the family to grow some more if it does grow anymore." John says as hey smiles at the thought of his family expanding even more. "Oh well that sounds reasonable but do you think we will get it done in time mate?" Lon asked. "Well if we work really really hard and work together I believe we will either make it on time or we will be really really close." John says. The men nod. "Now you guys really don't mind helping me out of this? I mean it's going to be a long project." John asked the men. "Well, of course John! You'd do the same for us." Ben says. All of the men nodded and agreed. Even the villagers nodded and agreed. "Thanks guys I really appreciate it." John says. "Oh it's nothing!" Lon said. "Oh well is everyone ready to get back to work?" John asked. Everyone nodded. "Ok then. Let's build ourselves a ship!" John says as they get back to work.

Meanwhile King James was on his way to Jamestown. He's down in the cabin and eating the finest foods you can have. "Collins!" He yells. Collins hurries down to the cabin. "Yes sir?" Collins asked with a bow. "How much longer must we be on this dreadful ship?" The king complained. "Well sir it's about a four month trip so we have three months left." Collins says. "Ugh! Why does it take so long?" The king says as he continues to complain. "I don't know sir but you will just have to be patient sir." Collins replied. "Ugh! Fine! You are dismissed." King James says. Collins nods and heads back up to the deck. "Ugh! Once I finally get off this stupid boat, I will finally find out what's happening to all my men!" The King says with an evil laugh.