Email

Author's note: To clarify something real quick: Both Ren and Kai are the protagonists of the story. Both will face their own problems and their own stories but they revolve around each other.

Chapter 4
Email

"So I see you're in a really good mood today. Anything good happened at school?" Ren looked over his notebook on the living room couch. His cousin was dancing around, humming to himself and doing all kinds of silly poses.

"Ah, I met the most amazing and gorgeous girl in the world!" Kai danced around, his heart fluttering.

"Are you kidding me? I met the most annoying and dumbest boy in the world!" Kei vented at Miyuki, who was caught off guard by her sister rambling randomly when he was in the middle of doing laundry."He's so egocentric and self-centered. I only met him today and I'm already fed him with him."

"Dude, sounds like you found quite the girl." Ren was fairly surprised. He hadn't seen this face of Kai yet so he was intrigued."How did you guys meet?"

"Love at first sight as soon as I walked into that classroom." Kai grabbed his chest, reminiscing of his first sight of Kei."I knew right then and there that I'd make her my girlfriend no matter what."

"Wait, so he was following you around?" Miyuki nearly dropped his basket of laundry."That's...stalking! And what did he do next?"

"I wouldn't go that far as to call it stalking." Kei sighed, leaning against the wall."He just...asked Moeha where I was because he wanted to talk with me. I kept ignoring him though."

"Kai...you're making this sound like she wants nothing to do with you." Ren deadpanned at his cousin."I'm not an expert on girls, but if one keeps shooting you down like that, it means she's probably not into you."

"Right?! I thought the same thing!" Kei grabbed Miyuki's shoulders, shaking him."So tell me why he still persisted?! He even joined the Student Council!"

"I'm sorry, he what?!" Miyuki nearly had a heart attack.

"I joined the Student Council, of course!" Kai picked up the documents he had received to review to get ready for his position as treasurer assistant.

"Honey...are you...you know, sure that's a good idea?" His mom broke her silence, finishing washing the dishes."I mean, joining the Student Council is nothing to scoff at, but if you're only joining to get at a girl you're going about it the wrong way."

"He doesn't care." Kei groaned, hitting her head against the wall."I'm hoping that the workload will be enough to make him quit on his own."

"You'll have to balance schoolwork, student council work, and whatever club you decide to join." Ren pointed at him with his pen."Can you do that?"

"For the sake of love, I'll do anything." Kai responded solemnly."And don't worry. I'll keep everything in check."

"Do you want me to go and talk to him?" Miyuki asked."I'll get him to leave you alone. I won't let him harass you. Tell me his name."

"What?! No way!" Kei shrieked, pushing Miyuki away."You are NOT to get involved with this! Do you know how embarrassing it would be to have my brother solve this type of problem? Plus, you'd just make it worse. I only told you this because I needed someone to vent at. Moeha is on board with this idea! I'm not giving you his name!"

"It's Kei." Kai told his family, twirling around his fingers like a boy in love."It's almost the same as mine. I call it...Kaei."

Ruka nearly choked on her drink, spitting some of her water on the kitchen counter as she began to laugh.