Cast

Omar Cortéz Kent

Species: Meta-Human-Kryptonian Hybrid

Home Universe: Earth-38

Omar Kent is a high school senior but his senior year does not go according to plan after his father's passing of a heart attack a year prior, during a school shooting - an event that has left him scarred for life

He once had a close relationship with his brother - Clark, who unbeknownst to him, is Superman - but due to their distance from him living in Metropolis, their relationship has become strained to where they barely talk and wants almost nothing to do with him, especially after he left him behind while grieving their father.

Eventually, he learns of his brother's identity but is not thrilled to learn he is Superman. He later begins to deal with the consequences of a tainted COVID-19 vaccine that was purposely laced with dark matter by Lex Luthor after his company, L-Corp, began creating their vaccine during the pandemic.

He goes on to develop the power of molecular immobilization, which he colloquially refers to as freezing, by slowing down molecules to the point where they slow down and freeze, causing objects to stay suspended in mid-air. Like most powers associated with Meta-Humans and Kryptonians, his powers are tied to his emotions. At first, he is unable to control his power and is triggered only when he panics.

He is strong both physically and mentally but has issues with anxiety and while he is emotionally strong, he at times can be emotionally vulnerable. He is also in peak physical condition and knows how to fight and is proficient in various forms of martial arts, as well as kickboxing and hand-to-hand combat. He, along with his friends Laurel, Sara, and Oliver, create their own vigilante team and protect Smallville from hardened criminals who seek to bring the town to its knees by causing intimidation.

It is later revealed that he has a lot more in common with Clark when he discovers a hidden family secret that was kept from him, where he learns he has a direct connection to the House of El.

Clark further reveals that their father, Jonathan Kent, was a Human-Kryptonian Hybrid and that he was part of the House of El but that for reasons unknown to them, he never developed the powers a Kryptonian would otherwise have when exposed to the yellow sun.

He is also the leader of his group of vigilantes called, The Canaries, similar to The Canaries run by Sakher and Dawoud, on Earth-Prime.

***

Clark Cortéz Kent/Kal-El

Species: Kryptonian

Home Universe: Earth-38