Chapter 16: Till Death Do Us Part

Dream gets objective things with weird person.

Notes:
I don't know if I like this but I'm going to post it. Also Its_a_weirdo gave me this concept so Thanks.

————————————————————————————————————

Chapter Text:

Dream looked to the side to see a person standing next to him.

Not only was their face blurred but it seemed like their arm was glitching as well.

That’s weird

Dream looked away trying to grab the eraser. Obviously he didn’t care about the blurred faces people. Since they were just game characters.

Dream turned to walk away. But the person grabbed onto him. Beforing pulling away.

For a second Dream thought he saw something.

“Dream..” the person whispered.

“Yeah?” Dream questioned. How they knew his name he doesn’t know.

Dream looked at the person waiting for an answer.

Standing there for a few minutes no answer came. So he turned to leave. He still needed a backpack.

As Dream walked it seemed like the person followed him.

“Uh, I’m heading to the backpack aisle” Dream decided he should at least let the person know as to not drag him around unknowingly.

When the person learned this they started yanking on Dream's arm.

“HEY”

The person pulled away again. Hissing underneath his breath the glitch which was only up to his forearm had now engulfed his entire left arm.

“Hey.. are you ok?”

Oh yeah no great job Dream ask the person who's losing their arm if their Ok.

The person looked at him again and Dream saw something shift.

“You know if you want we can go?”

The person nodded their head eagerly.

They both started heading out.

Ok yes, I did say that people with blurred faces aren't real just game characters. But, even if this is fake I don’t have to be mean? I can also just immediately come back after taking this person outside right?

They got to the front store of the walmart. The person went to go for the door. Dream watched as he went. When he had left, Dream turned around. He still needed the backpack. Only for him to hear the doors open again. The person stood in front of Dream trying to get him to come outside.

“Look I need to get something so I can’t come with you. Remember? Backpack.”

Dream tried stepping past the person only to be stopped. Once again. The person contemplated for a moment before grabbing onto a dream pulling him outside completely.

“HEY What the f*ck is wrong with you?”

Dream looked to see that the person was on the ground now the glitch completely covering his body. They looked up at Dream. Then Dream saw it again. It changed. The blur on the face had changed. Brown hazel eyes looked back at Dream.

And Dream looked back. He could see past the blur…

The boy’s face was still blurred but he noticed he had brown hair, and a bracelet with a small book charm.

They both looked at each other before a message interrupted Dream’s view.

♡error♡

It seems you have been

Outside a restricted zone

The moderator XD has

Notified the system.

Dream was teleported to the school.

The boy was gone. Maybe forever?

Karl pov

Karl was standing in the walmart. In the same aisle where Dream was standing not even a moment before. Now the aisle is nothing but a large chunk of void, Dream nowhere to be seen.

Karl had no idea what had happened. Ever since he followed Dream outside the gate he had been feeling unwell. Almost like he had a cold but it’s only gotten worse the further he left from the school. Or was it because Dream was too far away from him?

Karl wasn’t too sure

Oh, there was that voice too. Echoing Kar- no my voice and thoughts like a narrator. This is so weird and strange. But I can’t think of that. I need to find Dream and bring him back, I’m worried about him… I shouldn’t be that’s what the voice says but I am. I want him to be ok. I… want to get to know him a little more.

As a friend?

Yes…

Karl decided that standing in this aisle was a bit useless. His Lover Dream was already gone so there was no point but to sit and cry. As he looked at the void he thought maybe he should touch it.

“- I didn’t think th-”

Karl listens to the story like a good character and touches the void.

“No Thanks I don-”

Touch the Void Karl.

You’ve been thinking bad thoughts of the player, Karl and now you need to be fixed.

“Wait, can I be fixed?”

I put my hand into the void just as the voice said. This might help me stop feeling weird. Might help me stop thinking of Dream.

Karl tried to touch the void only to find out that his hand goes through it. But ̸̭͚̟̈́͌Ẃ̷͉̒H̷̬̝̳̎e̶̥̾̉n̶͇̘̋̈ ̷̣͖̈̋̇H̵͚̠̬̄̅e̴̢̩͒̎̄ ̸̤̑͑̇P̴͉̪̰̄Ú̴̧̎̍l̴̋̈́͋͜l̶̘͉͛͐s̴͙̝͗͐̕ ̸̡̦̫̈́I̷̤͒͌t̸͚̻͊̓̏ ̸̙̝͒Ọ̶͐̂̇U̶͇͒̇ṱ̶̓̓̕ ̵͇̏H̵̛͚̎͗I̴̤̻̠̒̿ś̸͈͉̥̐ ̶̡̥̐̐̈́ͅH̵͍͝Ả̶͈̃̽n̶̰̈́̊̍ḓ̸̛̳͖͂͠ ̴͎͂I̸̠̲̾s̶̨͓͌ ̷͕̲̹̀G̸͉̀͑O̵̧͋̃ṅ̵̮̳ę̷̻̓̃̈́.̴̘̩̓̑͝ ̵̳̼͇̏M̴͉̣͐̅ȁ̴̦̼̺Y̸̢̛͚̞b̶̢̝̰̌̄͝E̵̜̯͠e̶̛̞̬̅̈͜ ̷͓͌͝H̴͓͓͌͐e̵͈̳̐͂ ̸̳͌͂̐S̸̊̐̕͜Ȟ̷͉͝ơ̴̧̙̤u̷̢̺͊͘l̴͈̀͛͘d̵͎͇̔̒̓ ̸̨̘̟̄H̵̗͓͙́͛͋Ȧ̶̤v̶͚̯̿͂͝e̶͕̪̺̔̈́͠ ̵̜̟͋͜S̸̳̖̅T̵̛̻͍̠̈́̏a̴̲͛̀̀y̶͍̬̔̆E̶̮̘̾d̶̗̑ ̷̦̤̎͑̕Ą̷̠͉͋̿T̸̙͘ͅ ̵̪͈͎́̑S̷͇͔̿̓̕C̶̛̛͈̾h̵̲̠̗̀̒͂ő̴̢̖̰͒O̸̥͈̠͛̓l̷̪̓̑̋.̸̺̲̔̀

Just as the voice said. Karl's hand was gone, what was left was a glitchy mess of code.

Karl wondered what he was going to do.

(Time skip brought to you by me)

Karl stood outside the walmart. Dream had disappeared. Just like before.

Karl felt his arms and limbs vanish. He laid on the sidewalk. Awaiting his faith at least he had saved Dream, right?

How rude of the voice. To make it so I wouldn’t even be able to talk to Dream. Warn him, comfort him, confess to him. I guess it was my fault that I didn’t listen to the code. How Could an Extra NPC be allowed to love the Player. The Amazing player from outside the game. I remember the other players too. No one compares to my Dream though no one.

Because my player saw me. Maybe not all of me but he did.

The Game master’s losing their touch… or maybe Dream’s just too amazing. Probably the second one. Karl laughed a soft laugh.

Right. I remember I helped him with the pencil… If I could do that I could help him more? Maybe. But not now I need to rest.

Notes:
Is this what we call a plot- twist?