//Piano Man//Songfic//Wels & Hels//Backstory?//

2009

Wels sat, staring. He had just got home from college and was hoping to relax. As a prince, everything has to be made 10x harder. Everyone would think the life of a glamorous member of the royal family would make it easier. Free home, free food, maids that do your bidding... But no. He knows what needs to be done. He'd have to be a king. Cold and heartless, he couldn't think of hurting those poor people that serve him, just like his mother. He didn't want to be a king. He'd rather be a knight. He's started to secretly train himself, harder and harder with the other guards he fought.

Suddenly, he heard a little voice. High pitched and most certainly adorable. His train of thought was lost as his little sister, Harper entered, giggling with something in her hand. Around two years ago, He had found this little netherborn devil on the streets, with no parent in sight. Even hours later, he came across her again, nobody. So he decided to take her in, and my god, she could have been the best thing that happened to him. His mother, on the other hand, did not like that.

"Who is she?" She said.

"I found this little girl on the streets, it seems she's got no parents."

"We're not keeping her, she's a devil! She surely will cause trouble!"

"Mother, please! I'll raise her! I'll provide for her! Please! I beg of you!"

"No! She's satanic!"

That argument didn't faze Wels anymore, as he did, in fact, keep her. Despite his mothers protests, he'll protect her no matter what.

Harper ran into Wels' leg, hugging it tightly. Wels picked her up and held her carefully. He played with her soft, pitch black hair. She had bright, pale, porcelain skin and bright red eyes, full of fire so wild.

"Welsie!" She said, excitement evident in her voice.

"What have you got there, Harper?" He whispered, just loud enough for the little one to hear.

She held up a mini harmonica. I was almost too proper for a three-year-old, but that went the same for all her toys. Well, the ones given to her by her 'mother' anyway. Wels had taught her a tune on it, and it worked quite well. It is usually hard to teach her anything, but the harmonica seemed to spark her interest.

"Play! Pia-o!" She yelled, pointing the the grand piano that sat behind them both.

Wels sighed, he couldn't say no to her little face, could he? He needed to get a little more practice on that thing. He turned them both to face it, opening the lid to reveal shiny black and white keys. The piano looked as though it was brand new, despite it being bought many years back, and it being used almost every day since then. He readied himself, as he'd been working on this for a while now.

"You ready, Harp?" Wels said, louder now.

"Yeah!!!" Harper exclaimed, as the little netherborn put her harmonica to her lips.

Wels played a few keys, signaling the beginning of the music. Harper followed playing a little tune on her small instrument.

"It's nine o'clock on a Saturday. The regular crowd shuffles in."

"There's an old man sittin' next to me, makin' love to his tonic and gin."

As the music continued, they got more excited. They didn't even notice their friends walk in. Xisuma, and his little brother, Xaythem listened to the tune intently. Xisuma was about the same age as Wels, they even went to the same college together, although, studying different subjects. Xay was about Harpers age, only a 27 day difference.

"He says, 'Son can you play me a memory? I'm not really sure how it goes.

But it's sad and it's sweet and I knew it complete, when I wore a younger man's clothes'"