Escaping

We leave the Director and the Leader for me to give him one last look as he gulps in; I then turn away to follow after the others to lick my lip where it is cut; it will heal in time. We return to the fort for me to be standing in a room as we discuss how we will stop the world's end. With my arms crossed over my chest, I think about what is happening, "We must stop him from regenerating. Who opened that chest?" Evie asks as I look to Daniels and Henderson for the answer to that question, "There was me and Daniels here. And Burns, of course." While O'Connell looks outside at the eclipse, Henderson explains the details to us, "And that Egyptologist fellow."

Daniels also pitches in, so we only have a few people to keep safe away from Imhotep, "What about my buddy Beni?" O'Connell asks as I lean on the wall while Daniels and Jonathan sit down and Evie and Henderson stand up on this little meeting, "No, he scrammed outta there 'fore we opened the thing." Daniels explained to us as I looked at them with raised brows, "Yeah, he was the smart one." Henderson tells us, yeah, that sounds like Beni to me; the little weasel escaped before anything could happen, "Well, that sounds like Beni." Next, O'Connell pitches in while coming over to us, "We must find the Egyptologist and bring him back to the safety of the fort... before the creature can get to him." Evie explains as I look over at her and then O'Connell, who has his plan down pat now, "Right. She stays here. You three, come with me."

O'Connell orders while pointing at Evie and me for me to go wide-eyed while I stop leaning on the wall to look at him while standing next to my sister as O'Connell begins to walk away from the group who are not happy about the outcome, "Not me..." Henderson was saying as Daniels then talks over the top of him, "No, No!" he says as I pitch in as well, not wanting to be left here with that mummy around, "like hell" I hiss out as Evie then started to talk over the top as well, "You can't leave me behind like some old carpetbag." Evie was saying as she came back around the table with a glare on her features, "Who put you in charge? O'Connell," she hisses out as O'Connell came over to her throwing her over his shoulder while gasping and then grabbing my arm for me to go wide-eyed on the action not wishing to be locked away here, "what do you think you are doing?" Evie calls as I am pulled along to look back at my big brother for help on what is happening, "Jonathan! O'Connell!" I hiss out as I need help with this endeavour, "Sorry, but he's a bit... talI." I heard Jonathan explaining to us as I was placed in a chair in my sister's room and for Evie to be thrown on the bed in one mention, "Coward that you are! O'Connell, you are not leaving us in here!" Evie hisses as she gets off the bed for O'Connell to begin walking towards the door. I watch him do so as he closes the doors behind him, "Jonathan if you don't open this door in one minute flat....O'Connell, let me out of here. O'Connell! Jonathan!" Evie calls as I sigh, leaning back in my chair. This was such a great plan, "well that worked a treat", I whisper out as Evie looks over to me with her unimpressed on why we are in this room, "thanks for the help, Lizzy", she tells me with a hiss in her tongue as I roll my eyes at my twin while going over to the window to look out watching as O'Connell and Jonathan leave the fort for the doctor, please be safe. I then look up at the eclipse; I hope this works, or we are doomed to die. 

Shortly after they left, I changed to rest on the chair with my gun resting on my chest, closing my eyes for a few seconds as I dozed off, but when I awoke, the door banged open, for my eyes to land on the mummy bending over my sister for her to scream on the man in her room. Did that thing kiss her? that is quite gross, "Hey, get your ugly face off of her!" O'Connell yells as Evie gets out of bed, quickly running over to me as the mummy speaks in ancient Egyptian to O'Connell as Evie holds my arm, "Look what I got." O'Connell calls as he shows the cat to the mummy, who snarls in terror at the feline who hisses at him for me to hold on to my sister more. The mummy shrieks in terror as it turns into sand and gets out of there quickly away from the cat, which has me covering my sister with my arms, so she is safe. We all looked out when it was gone for me to breathe in that was close yet again, but the mummy just kissed my sister, "You alI right?" O'Connell asks my sister, who peeks out from behind me as I look back at her as she blows some hair out of her face, a little happy that she is ok, "Well, I'm not sure." Jonathan answers for me to give him a little look on that; O'Connell was talking to Evie, not you; Jonathan, my god, is pretty thick.