Updated story

I imagine a world burning around a set of small mossy tombstones, which has been left in the middle of nowhere. There is no one around not even a single creature, no birds no squirrels and above all, no people. How these graves got here, no one really knows except for the ones buried there. I am the only person here, the tombs are overgrown and forgotten. I sit next to the graves in pure silence with only the noise of the wind. As I sit and wait for whoever is still around, I think back on some old memories. Memories of me and my friends laughing about really anything. Or about the times we went and hung out at the mall or park. Now that I think about it, this forest is familiar to me. I close my eyes and try and hold onto the memories as they slowly fade and are replaced by my insecurities. I watch them burn away into the darkness of the forest, I wish they could have stayed longer. People come and go, but my friends were ones that I wish had never gone. After a while, I hear the soft voice of the holder of the other grave. I’m startled because I shouldn’t have been able to hear them as they are a ghost. I turn around and look to the graves, only to realize that my name is written on one of the lonely, abandoned graves. I look up to see my boyfriend, the one person who promised to never leave and he reached his hand out. I took his hand and as the moon sets we walk into the dark forest to fade away as my memories did not to long ago. Before we fade, the moon points out that those feelings that took over after the memories faded were in fact my own insecurities. When I had arrived at the graves, I only saw one but as we leave I realize there were two all along. I was never truly alone no matter how many people entered and left my life, there was always going to be at least one person who would stick around.