Chapter 8 - Thunderstruck

Hiccup had approached you a few days after the initial idea had been pitched about you getting a new dragon. At first, you'd thrown an axe at him and screamed at him to get out. But after another few weeks or so, Hiccup had managed to get you out of your hut to eat with the others. None of them had spoken of the idea at all, so when you brought it up again at the end of your meal everyone was in slight shock.

"So...I was thinking..." You began as Fishlegs cleared away the plates, most of the others turning to you. You didn't make eye contact with any of them, staring into the fire blazing in the middle of the table.

"As much as I don't want to go back to Berk, I can't exactly stay out here with no...d-dragon." You choked up for a second, Astrid placing a hand on your back as you cleared your throat. "So, I think it's time for me to find one." You said slowly, the words leaving a bitter after taste on your tongue.

"Don't get me wrong though, I'm not over Ghostripper. But I want...I need Ryker to pay for what he's done. And to do that, I need a dragon." You explained. Hiccup paled at your suggestion of revenge, eyeing up the twins as they both gave small giggles at the bitter look on your face.

"Y/N, I know you're angry. But getting another dragon can't just be about revenge." He reasoned with you, placing a hand beside Astrid's on the other side of your back. You finally turned to face him, eyes darkened and slightly glossed over from how long you'd been staring into the fire. The glow illuminated half of your face and made your eyes almost flare.

"I know. But I need this, Hiccup. I need closure. Even if it's just until the end of this Dragon Hunter stuff, and then I let it be free. I...please, you have to help me, Hiccup." You breathed, calming down slightly as your face pleaded at your brother's.

Just like that, Hiccup was transported back to the beach as he landed from Toothless. Sprinting as fast as he could go towards your soaked form crouched over Ghostripper as you screamed for him to come and help. He didn't ever want to see you like that again.

It had taken everything Astrid and Fishlegs had to stop Hiccup from taking off on Toothless after the Dragon Hunters when you'd collapsed from your injuries. They'd never seen him so angry, upset and terrified all at the same time. His eyes had been wide, and he'd been ranting about how they hurt his sister.

They hurt Y/N.

Hiccup swallowed and pushed the memories back to return to the now, where you had your gaze fixed on him still. The others were glancing between the two of you now, twins still grinning at the thought of you riding into battle, new dragon blazing all the way through and causing utter chaos.

"If it's what you want, then we'll start in the morning, ok?" He asked, getting up from his chair as he asked you. For the first time since losing Ghostripper you grew a genuine smile, jumping off your chair and hugging Hiccup. He flushed and awkwardly hugged you back. It turned into a genuine one as you sniffled against him.

"Awww group hug!" Tuffnut exclaimed, dragging Ruffnut and Snotlout over to the two of you. Astrid was straight into your side along with Fishlegs as all of the Dragon Riders formed a huge group embrace.

"Thanks guys...I uh...I really needed this." You gave a tearful laugh, everyone joining in with their own laughter.

The next morning, you received a Terrormail from Berk that there had been some sort of attack on Outcast Island. Despite the...not so pleasant...last memories of being on Outcast Island, you decided to still go with the group and help see what exactly happened.