Chapter 18

"Sidharthh?" asks a pleasantly surprised Shehnaaz when he finds Sidharth standing in front of her apartment. "Can I come in?"
"Nahi maat aa, phone bhi nahi kiya tune. Tu kitna ganda hai, maine tujhe kitna miss kiya pata hai?" Before he could say anything Shehnaaz continues "Haaye Sidharth iska matlab tune meko miss bhi nahi kiya? Haaye rabba, ye banda toh merese pyaar nahi karta! Sirf main hii karti hoon."

Sidharth moves forward without saying anything. He comes inside her apartment and closes the door. He hugs her tightly and says "Sweetheart." His one word was enough to melt her. She buries her face in his chest and says "Kyu nahi call kiya Sidharth?" Sidharth puts his arm around her and says "Shehnaaz there's a lot which should be clear between us. I have two hours, please be patient sweetheart. I have a lot to say.."

"Shehnaaz, I really don't know where to start from..it's I don't know what to s..ay" Sidharth says in a tear laced voice. Shehnaaz holds his forearms and makes him look towards her, "Look at me Sidharth, are you okay?" "I..I am, I don't kn..o..w".
Shehnaaz immediately hugs him and tears flow out of Sidharth's eyes. She keeps stroking his hair gently. Sidharth shakes while crying and she could hear muffled sounds of him crying. She was aware of Sidharth being an emotional person, but the vulnerability which she was witnessing now was not something which she had never seen before. She says slowly "I am there Sidharth. Take your time, I am not going anywhere. Main tere saath hii hoon." He breaks the hug and looks deep into her eyes, "Just give me sometime sweetheart. Terese bohot kuch bolna hai mujhe. Bas itna janle tu mere life mein bohot important hai. Life mein na maine bohot kuch khoya hai. Aab tujhe nahi khona mujhe...don't..don't leave me, please." Shehnaaz smiles. She puts her hand on his cheek and kisses the other cheek. He closes his eyes trying to feel her touch on his skin, while tears flow out of his eyes automatically. She wipes his tears with both her hands. Shehnaaz cups his face and kisses his forehead. "ACP Shukla I can never leave you. Now I am so used to hear you calling me gadhi, moti..aab nahi chod sakti main tujhe. Waheguru ki kasam, tujhse kabhi durr nahi jaungi. Tu bhi promise kar, mujhse kabhi durr nahi jayega?"

Sidharth keeps quiet. "Kya hua? Kar promise?" He tightly holds her hands and says without looking at her eyes "Shehnaaz, there is a lot of risk in my profession-" He stops when he hears "so what! ACP Sidharth Shukla can do this duty, but I want my Sidharth to stay with me. Is that clear?" Sidharth could see the tears brimming in Shehnaaz's eyes while saying those. He could sense the fear in her eyes- the fear of losing him. He smiles softly and says "I never knew I mean so much to you." "It's better that you know it now!" Shehnaaz says that sternly. Sidharth pulls her in a hug and places a kiss on top of her head.

"Suresh Shikhawat, this is the last time I am asking you. Who all are involved in this?" Sidharth asks leaning forward on the table. Getting no answer, he walks and takes the cane from Inspector Gupte's hand. He hits Suresh on his feet and hears a scream. "I need answers. Did you drug Kanika? Did you help Abhinav and beat Kanika? Is your son a drug dealer? Are you a part of the Punjab- Mumbai drug case? C'mon answer me. NOW".
"No!! I don't know. Kaiko puch raha hai merese? Heh? Bola na nahi pata!" Suresh says furiously.
"But Suresh your words do not match with the reports. Kanika Mitra, she was abducted and kept captivated by her own father. Her glass bangles were broken down while she tried to escape. In the glass bangle samples your fingerprint as well as your blood was found. You knew Abhinav was caught, are there are high changes for you to get caught as well. But you couldn't control your desire to get all Abhinav's factory and property. The drugs found in your house were found injected to Kanika as well. Your greed and of course your commendable crimes have brought you to the CBI headquarters? Am I right?" Sidharth says fiercely, "You are anyways going to get imprisoned, so tell me the answers. It might do some favour to you."

"Young man, you have landed in a maze, where escape is impossible...it is early, step back and drop this case." Sidharth fists his hand, "Suresh Shikhawat I don't want to hear your suggestions, I just need answers. If you don't tell me, it's your pain. You'll be in jail for years and here the police will make your family's lives miserable. Choice is yours."
After a silence Suresh speaks up finally "Hamza Sheikh, I work under him. I work under his orders. Yes, I was greedy to acquire Abhinav's property...ACP I have nothing to loose now, but I am warning you the more you dig this case, the more dirt will come out. Leave the-"
"Deshmukh" Sidharth calls.
"Ji Sir."
"Put Suresh in the cell."
Deshmukh and the other constables drag Suresh out of the room while he says "Leave the case."