Ch. 3 My New Life

Halo POV

About ten years have passed since Nightwave prevented my alcoholic and violent parents from selling me on the black market. Ever since I met Nightwave, a lot of things have changed in my life. As soon as I was discharged from the hospital, I learned that NightWave completed an adoption process after registering herself under a fake alias.

After that, NightWave and I embarked on a three-year world trip until I turned ten. I was able to start a small education thanks to NightWave which would teach me while traveling around. After three years of traveling around, Nightwave eventually made the decision to settle down in a small town in the middle of the desert. The place was called Jasper Nevada. I was immediately placed into a public school, and we started our new regular lives as a normal family.

It wasn't as horrible as I anticipated at first compared to my previous life with my parents. I preferred my new life with NightWave instead.  I was free to do whatever I wanted as long as my guardian gave me permission of course. I wasn't a wild kid so NightWave didn't really have much to worry about.

In Jasper Nevada, I met so many great people. Even though NightWave would cover the majority of my expenses I still acquired a small part-time job as a cashier at a video game store to earn some extra money. I also met and made some wonderful friends. Heck, even NightWave met and made a new friend.

*TIME SKIP*

My alarm quickly awakened me, and I hurriedly turned it off. I moaned as I opened my eyes and surveyed my room. It wasn't too big but also wasn't as small as my old room. It was just the right size and I was able to decorate it however I wanted. I smiled and quickly went downstairs after getting ready. As soon as I stepped downstairs the aroma of freshly cooked pancakes drew my attention. I went to the kitchen and saw NightWave preparing breakfast.

"Greetings, Night" I responded as I sat at the dining table. NightWave simply raised her hand up in a greeting manner.

"I didn't realize you were back" I added and soon a plate full with a stack of hot pancakes, eggs, and bacon was placed in front of me.

": I returned last night. I didn't want to wake you up:" NightWave said. I started to chew my food while nodding.

"Are you going to stay for a while?" I asked. NightWave nodded as she washed the plates she had gotten dirty. NightWave will usually stay over for a while but soon will leave to go search for Energon.

": I am, but only for a few days since my last rations are quickly reducing:" NightWave chimed in. After glancing down at my phone, I nodded before realizing I was late for school.

"Ah, shit! I'm running late for class" I shouted quickly getting up from my seat. I hadn't realized how late it was.

": Brat, language:" Nightwave reprimanded. I apologized before sprinting back to get my bag from my room. I heard NightWave sigh as I ran to the door.

": Enter my alt-mode. I'll take you to school:" she said. I ran outside and into NightWave's alt-mode. After getting on, NightWave quickly drove us to school. I arrived just as the bell went off.

"Thanks, Mom" I said, opening the door and stepping out of the car. NightWave waved goodbye from the driver's side with her window down.

"I'll see you after school!" I shouted. NightWave was technically my legal guarding which meant that I had to address her as mom in public places, but when we were alone, I could call her by her real name instead. I dashed inside and quickly went to my locker to retrieve my books when I noticed our school bully, Vince, harassing 12-year-old Raf. I sighed as I watched Raf attempt to recover his glasses.