Ch. 17 Life As A Decepticon Again

NightWave POV

A month had passed since I allowed myself to get captured back by the Decepticons. I was no longer a prisoner inside a holding cell but that didn't mean I was given free access to anything either. I was still somewhat of a prisoner but inside the Decepticon's warship. My body was still badly hurt from the numerous tortures that Airachnid put me through so I couldn't do much around the ship.

I was eventually permitted to go out of my room and was assigned a new job as Knockout's new stupid assistant since Breakdown was killed by Airachnid a week ago. I was also implanted with a small but deadly device that could easily kill me or simply hurt me enough to stop me if I even considered escaping. And so my life as a Decepticon began once again.

It was the worst working with Knockout. Most of the time, he would not stop bragging about his idiotic paint job. I used to always ignore him but now I couldn't since I was working under his command. I didn't know anything about treating injuries so I had Knockout teach me the fundamentals of medical practice so that I could be a decent assistant.

": Finish:" I said, patching the last of the idiot Vehicon's injuries during a mission. I felt Knockout walk behind me and examine the repairs.

"A bit messy and it could use a bit more buffing" Knockout said. I felt an irritated ink mark appear on my forehead as I quickly got up.

": Tsk, whatever. I don't care:" I said and clean the tools to put them back in their rightful place, or else I would get a mouthful from the stupid cherry-color medic.

"You know, NightWave. I noticed that you change a lot" Knockout suddenly remarked. I dropped what I was doing and turned to look at Knockout.

": What the hell are you talking about?" I enquired. He laughed at my irritated look.

"You used to be so quiet and distant back when you were still a Decepticon and working under Soundwave's orders. I mean, when you weren't on a mission, you used to isolate yourself from everyone and spend as much time by yourself as you could" Knockout said, "I just wonder what made you change so much." I chose to ignore Knockout and roll my optics.

I decided to take a little stroll down the dimly lit hallways after finishing my shift early. Even if I wanted to, I couldn't go on a brief flight since I still carried that stupid device in my back that prevented me from using my weapons or transforming. After hearing my older brother Soundwave explain to me the significance of the voice I use for communication, I also refused to try any kind of relaxation through singing. Nothing felt quite right anymore. I detested him and I detested the reason behind my voice so much. I could care less about the name Wavebreaker and the meaning behind it.

As I turned the corner, I saw something out of the ordinary. I saw the Autobot wrecker, Bulkhead, standing over the lifeless body of Starscream on the ground. I went to speak, but stopped myself when I realized that he may think that I betrayed them if he saw me. Not that I was ever really on their side, to begin with. I decided to hide away until Bulkhead left, using the ship's shadow.

As soon as I stepped outside the shadow after Bulkhead left, there was an alarm blaring everywhere. It ended quickly, so I figured Bulkhead must have hit the wrong button on a control panel around the ship since I doubt it had been Soundwave or one of the Vehicons to accidentally activate the alarm.

I intended to return to my room since I didn't want to accidentally counter Bulkhead again. As I rounded the corner, I saw another strange scene. I saw Starscream, who should be dead, fleeing from a couple of Vehicons down the hallway. I was very puzzled. I realized that something was wrong as soon as I heard the announcement that Starscream had been seen at the main bridge, which was impossible since I just saw him right now. It wasn't long until the whole ship shook violently, causing me to lose my balance.