Ch. 16 The Truth

NightWave POV

"Wavebreaker? Wavebreaker is that really you?" Optimus asked happily. He then without warning brought me into a bear-crushing hug. I screamed internally trying to relax my beating spark.

": Not really:" I said as he put me down. He looked at me with a confused expression.

"Huh, what do you mean, Wavebreaker?" He asked confused. I sighed and looked at him straight in the optics.

": Listen, I no longer go by that name. Heck, it was not even my real name to begin with. My real name is NightWave and we need to get you out of here:" I said and grabbed his servo to try and pull him with me but he didn't budge from his spot. I cursed his now huge Prime size.

"I don't understand. What is going on? I asked your brother Soundwave and Megatron about you but they told me that the Autobots captured you. If you're here now does it mean you're working with Megatron?" He asked. I shook my helm and looked at him.

": I left the Decepticons a decade ago and started a new life alone on Earth away from this war. I became the Autobots prisoner and was promised to be free once I gained their trust. I only came back here to bring you back where you belong. And that is the Autobots. C'mon, we don't have time" I said, and this time he allowed me to pull him with me.

I began to run down the corridors and as much as I wished to spend more time again with the sweet Orion Pax that I once fell in love with back on Cybertron, I couldn't waste any time. I needed to get Orio... no, Optimus, out of here at once.

"Can you tell me the truth about what's going on, Wavebreaker?" Optimus asked. I sighed.

": Wavebreaker was my name back on Cybertron before the war started. My name is and has always been NightWave. I left the name Wavebreaker a long time ago when the war started. Also, explaining everything will be better if you see it for yourself once you get your memories back instead:" I said and finally arrived at an isolated main control room.

I began to work on opening a Groundbridge to the location of the Spacebridge. It dawned on me instantly that Megatron and the Autobots were already down there. It appeared that Arcee left with Jack to Cybertron, and hasn't returned because I didn't see her life signal downstair.

": Scarp!:" I said punching the keyboard.

"Huh, what's wrong?" Optimus asked. I sighed and looked at him. He was looking at me with that sweet innocent puppy face that Orion once used to look at me with.

": Megatron is trying to stop the Autobots from getting your memories back. If we go there right now we might need to go against Megatron and on the state that you and I are right now I doubt we will be of any help:" I said.

At that moment, we heard footsteps approaching from behind. I turned around in a hurry, and that's when I saw him—my older brother Soundwave.

": Ori... Optimus, go through the Groundbridge. Get your memories back and go back to your team:" I ordered walking forward and standing in front of Optimus ready to protect him.

"And what about you?" Optimus asked. He sounded concerned.

": I'll give you time to escape:" I said getting ready to fight Soundwave if I needed.

"I'm not leaving without you" Optimus said. I smiled sadly as I turned back to looked at him and chuckled.

": I know you won't:" I murmured and leaned over, placing a soft gently kiss on his lips. After that, I used the small distraction and with all my strength pushed Optimus through the Groundbridge before shutting it down. Just before the Groundbridge closed, I heard Optimus's voice yelling my name. I looked back at Soundwave and sighed, smiling sadly. I slowly raised my servos into the air.