1

A few hours later, Carlos is at the police station at his desk. The interaction between him and Saffron has been playing on his mind all day. As soon as he saw the bruises and redness, he knew they weren't the cause of accident and so he brings up the APD database and inputs her name. As soon as he clicks enter, an alert flashes up on the screen.

'Fuck.' His eyes widen as he grabs his patrol car keys before jumping out of his seat and running out of the station.

A few hours earlier...

Ben and Saffron are walking home after theatre.

'Will your parents be home?' Ben asks.

'Probably not.' Saffron sighs. 'They have some big meeting with some potential clients. Why?'

'You still up for hanging out at mine for a while? Alex won't be home for another hour or so.'

'So enough time to plan a prank?' Saffron smirks.

'You always pranks on your mind, don't you?' Ben laughs, shaking his head.

'C'mon, you know I live to annoy your older brother.' Saffron laughs.

'Don't we both.' Ben chuckles. They're silent for a few moments. 'Have you given any more thought to-' A man grabs onto Saffron's arm.

'Dude! What the hell?!' Saffron tries to shrug him off but his grip is too tight.

'You have to come with me.' The man tells her adamantly.

'The hell I do.' Saffron snarls still attempting to fight him off.

'Get your fucking hands off of her!' Ben also attempts to fight him off.

'Stay out of this.' The man glares at Ben, pushing him away slightly.

'Saffron, you have to come with me. They'll explain everything when you see them.' The man says to Saffron. 'Just please, I don't want to hurt you.' Ben steps back in and attempts to pull him off Saffron but it's no use. The altercation is gaining the attention of people around them. 'This isn't worth the money.' The man mutters before pushing Saffron away before running off. She falls back and hits her head and shoulder against a wall, hard.

'Saff, are you okay?' Ben asks his best friend.

'I-' Saffron shakes her head. She puts her hand on the back of her hand and feels blood. She pulls her hand away and shows Ben.

'I'm calling an ambulance.' Ben tells her, getting his phone out.

'Is she okay?' A young woman approaches them. Saffron and Ben look at her. 'I saw what happened.'

'I'm fine.' Saffron nods unconvincingly.

'No, she's not.' Ben says, putting his phone to his ear. 'She needs an ambulance.'

'I called the cops when I saw what was happening but it could be a while.' The woman says. 'I'm Stacey.'

'Saffron.' Saffron introduces herself. 'This is Ben.' As Ben is on the phone to the 9-1-1 operator, Saffron and Stacey talk.

'Ben your boyfriend?' Stacey asks.

'God, no.' Saffron shakes her head, laughing. 'He's more of a brother to me. Plus, he's not exactly my type. He has a penis.' Stacey just laughs and shakes her head. 'I just said that out loud, didn't I?' By now, Ben is off the phone.

'You did.' Stacey laughs, nodding her head.

'Ambulance and cops are on their way.' Ben tells them. He turns to Stacey. 'Thank you for checking on her, not many people would do that.'