1. Monday

It is a regular Monday afternoon, Derek is driving his Jeep back from the gym. Him and Mark was trying to get to the gym at least two times a week. It was a good way to get to spend som quality time, since their free-time was basically non existent since they started high school.

"That was a great workout" Mark broke the silence.

"Yeah, it was good. And i get to spend time with my favourite brother too" Smirked Derek, teasing him.

"Don't be mean, i will call Ma!" Mark replied knowing it would scare him.

"Don't-" He breathed. "I'm sorry, i actually like this new hangout of ours" He laughed.

"Told you it would be nice to get back in shape. You look like you have gained weight since you started  high school. I saved your ass!" Mark stated.

"Did you just call me fat?!" Derek exclaimed

"Mhm" Mark nodded, with a grin on his face.

Derek narrowed his eyes at his Brother as he parked the car i front of the apartment. They walked up to the apartment in silence. Mark unlocked the door and held it open for them both to enter

As they walked into the apartment they herd sobbing coming from the bathroom. Mark placed his gym bag on the floor and nodded reassuringly towards Derek. He had known Meredith longer and he knew how to comfort her. Derek got the message and started walking toward the bathroom door.

The apartment wasn't anything fancy but enough to cover their needs. It had three bedrooms, one bathroom, a living room, a kitchen and the small hallway connecting all of the rooms.

Derek reached the bathroom door and knocked on it gently. The sobbing suddenly stop and their was a moment of silence before he chose to spoke up.

"Meredith?" He said softly. "We are home."

"Thanks for letting me know" She said her voice breaking.

"Are you okay?" He asked carefully.

"I'm fine." She answers fast. A little to fast for Dereks liking. He leaned against the doorframe. He decided not to push her too hard.

"I'm going to make some pasta alfredo for me and Mark. Have you eaten dinner yet? I can make some extra for you." He said comforting. "And if you need to talk you know we are always here for you" He tried to reassure her.

"Thanks, pasta alfredo sounds nice." She answered with a slight smile on her lips. It was the first time that she smiled that day. She heard Dereks footsteps disappear from the door and into the kitchen.

Mark was in the living room, he was sat in front of the tv watch Bay watch. It was his favourite show and he always made Derek watch it with him. Derek didn't like the show, but when Mark begged him to accompany him while watching it, he didn't have the heart to turn him down. Thankfully today Mark didn't ask him to join, and Derek sensed it had to to with Meredith. She had been sad and Mark has sensed that she needed Derek if she decided to open up.

Just as Derek was thinking Meredith, she entered the kitchen. She was dressed in an oversized t-shirt that almost swallowed her. The was wearing a pair of panties but no pants. Not that he cared, she was on of his best friends. Her hair was in a messy bun and her mascara was a little smudged underneath her eyes. She tried to act normal, but he could see through her act. Her eyes were still swollen and bloodshot and her nose was red.

Her figure was small, much smaller that derek remembered. She looked almost like when they were in middle school, almost younger in a weird sense.

He looked her deep into her eyes and reached both his arms out offering her a hug. She looked at him for less than two seconds and quickly entered his embrace.

She felt her tiny frame being enveloped by his safe arms.

"You okay?" He asked carefully.

"Yeah" She sighed.

They stood like that for a minute, in silence. Until she heard steps coming towards the kitchen and quickly let go of him. She knew that Mark would mock them if he caught them in a hug.

She sat on the kitchen counter and Derek directed his attention back toward the cooking. When the pasta was done all three of them ate in silence. It wasn't the weird silence, but a much more comfortable silence. They didn't felt the need to say anything.

After dinner while Mark took care of the dishes Derek decided to take the opportunity to talk to Meredith. She had quickly disappeared into her room after dinner. He knocked on the door and entered when he heard her answer

She was laying in the bed with her laptop. She was a studying for their next test. He walked up to the bed and laid down next to her.

"Tell me, please?" He begged.

She looked at him, pretending not to know what he was talking about.

"Tell me why you are sad. And don't try to deny it, we heard you cry in the bathroom and you have makeup under your eyes." He smiled at her as he added the last bit.

"Izzie and I are fighting" She answered shortly. "It is stupid, but she accused me of sleeping with some guy. You might know him, Alex Karev. She was apparently interested in him and now she refuses to talk to me" She sighed. "I have tried to talk to her, but she won't listen" She looked at him with glassy eyes.

Derek was stunned. They didn't talk about that, they didn't talk about sex or who did whom. Mark and Derek did, but never Meredith. Mark was not a commitment type of guy and Derek was popular around girls. It was probably the perfectly curled dark hair and his ocean-blue eyes. They enjoyed talking about girls, but Meredith always kept her dating life from her roommates.

"Don't look at me like that. I know we don't talk about these things, but you basically begged me to tell you?" She said as she looked at his blank expression. "Derek, I didn't sleep with Alex! You know I would never!" She exclaimed when she realised what he must be thinking.

He let out a quiet sigh before answering her. "I know you wouldn't. You are to much of a prude!" He grinned, trying to lighten her mood by mocking her.

"You ass!" She exclaimed. "I am not a proud!" She hit him lightly in the chest.

"Sure, you are not a proud." He grinned, happy that his attempt in making her smile was successful. "I am sure that you and Isobel will get along again and that she will forgive you for 'sleeping with Alex Karev'." He gestured with his hands.

"Thank you Derek." she said softly while turning back to her computer.

"Glad i could help!" He answered while leaning in to hug her.

They hugged for a moment and then went to their separate rooms for the night. It was almost eleven and they had an early morning tomorrow.

A/N
* Thank you for reading the first chapter of this story!! This is one of my first stories and i am planning on keeping it short. Most likely around 8 chapters. Hope you enjoy the story!!*

Ps I am going to post each of these parts of the days in the chapter. So one episode each day for 8 days!!