3.Wednesday

Wednesday morning arrived. Meredith woke up in Derek's embrace. He was spooning her, obvioulsy not relising it was her. He probably thought it was some random girl he had dragged home last night. She smuggeled into the pillow, not ready to move from the bed. Meredith was careful not to wake him, she didn't want it to be awkvard between them.

Today was their last day of school before traveling home to the Shepherds. They were staying home for one night before traveling to the place of the wedding. Today they were going to school, and then going home to pack for the trip. The next day they were supposed to drive at 5 am to get to New York as early as possible. They wanted to attend the family dinner as well as meet some of the people from town that they had not met in a while.

Derek woke up. His tired eyes wandered around the room before looking at the blond girl laying in his embrace. He was spooning her. His tired toughts wanderd of to sleeping with a girl while he was drunk. But he soon relised it was Wednesday. He wasn't hungover.

But then as he was deep in thoughts he felt a familiar scent. Lavender. He quickly relised it was Mereidth. Meredith was laying in his bed, and he was spooning her. He tried to collect himself and let go of her. He didn't want to make things awkvard.

As soon as he let go of her, she twirled a little on bed. She rubbed her eyes and sat up. Her hair was flowing everywere and she quickly put it up into a ponytail. She turned to him.

"Good morning." She whispered

"Good morning, sleepyhead." He answers with a grin. "Did you sleep good?"

"Yes," she smiled "You?"

"Of course." He smirked.

They both got ready and went to the kitchen. Derek cooked breakfast while Mark read the paper and Meredith was trying to solve the weekly crossword. He served the breakfast and not long after they all went to school.

During the last period, english, all they wanted was to go home. The day had been long, and really took a toll on them. They wanted to have dinner, pack their suitcases and go to sleep. They needed to get ready for the early morning that they had ahead of them.

When school ended they made their way back out to the car, and drove all the way back to the apartment.
Today they decided to make dinner together, however Derek was the only decent chef, and he tried his best to prevent a disaster. The meal actually turned out good and they all enjoyed the dinner together.

30 minutes past dinner they all decided to start packing their suitcases for the trip. Most of their things were in the apartment, but some needed to be packed once they were home in New York. Mark and Derek went down into the cellar to get the suitcases from the storage unit while Meredith were in the kitchen preparing sandwiches for the trip, one of the few things she could make by herself.

Once they were back they laid down the suitcases on the living room floor and started to pack. Without a system and any sort of list. It was chaotic to say the least.

Mark finished first, he probably under packed by a lot. When he was done he left in the car to go pick up Addison and see if she had finished packing. She was supposed to be spending the night with Mark. They said it was so that they could leave earlier but Meredith and Derek didn't believe them that easy.

"I am done with packing clothes!" Derek nodded proudly. "I need to pack swimming shorts when we get home to mom's, and now i just have to pack a toiletry bag and then I am done."

"Good, i have some more. However making it all fit is impossible!" She sighed.

They both went into the small bathroom to pack their toiletry bags. It didn't take long and they soon returned to the now messy living room.

"Can i fit some things in your suitcase? Mine is full and I need to fit it all" She begged.

"Of course you can, I have some extra space right here." He pointed toward the upper corner of the suitcase.

"Thanks!" She smiled. "I promise it won't take up much space."

He left the room to go grab something, and Meredith decided to put down her final things into Dereks suitcase. She only needed to put her sink pyjamas top and pants and two of her bras. She decided to place one of his tops over it, and reminded herself to pack unpack it as soon as they arrived at the final destination. She wasn't ashamed, but they were friends and she didn't need him to be looking at her underwear.

As soon as they were done they closed up the suitcases and placed them in the hall. The both of them sat down on the sofa and sighed loudly. Packing really took a toll on them.

"Do you want to watch a movie, or something?" Derek asked.

"Sure, but make sure not to bawl your eyes out this time!" She teased.

"It was one tear! Once!" He defended himself. "I usually don't cry to movies!"

"Whatever you say, crybaby." She smirked at him playfully.

"Oh, now you are just asking for it!" He crawled closer to her in the sofa.

"Asking for what?" She asked innocently.

"For this!" He barely finished the sentence before pinning her down to the sofa and started to tickle her stomach. She started screaming as soon as she realized what he was doing. He was looking at her as she laughed underneath him. She looked so happy, not at all like the same person he had found crying in the bathroom only two days ago.

"Derek stop!!" She laughed almost screaming.

"Never!"

In that moment the door opened and in came Mark and Addison. They were making out against the wall and he was already starting to unbutton his shirt. Meredith and Derek both stopped and looked at them. They didn't know what to do, but they had to make them selves noticed to avoid watching something that Mark might refer to as live porn. Derek decided a cough would be the best alternative. Addison quickly pulled away, as did Mark. He turned around slowly and gave them an apologetic look.

"Hey man, hey Meredith. Didn't see you there!" Mark tried to hide his embarrassment. Addison was standing behind him in shame.

"Hi, Mark, Addison." Derek greeted them while Meredith gave them a small wave.

"So we are just going to.." Mark trailed of. "Go straight to bed. So goodnight guys!" He took Addisons hand and led her to his bedroom.

"He sure didn't expect us to be up by now." He smiled, and realised he was still sitting over her.

"Sure didn't!" She answered.

He moved of her and offered her a hand. She took it and stood up before him. They hugged and got ready for bed. They were standing in front of their respective bedroom doors.

"Goodnight Mer." He said softly.

"Night!" She smiled.

They both went into their bedroom and fell asleep. However the sleep didn't last for long