5. Friday

Derek woke up, it was Friday morning. He was still holding a tight grip around Meredith. Her body was suggeled tight to his chest. Their bodies fit so well, almost perfectly. He laid completely still, trying not to wake her up.

Today they were all traveling to the wine yard that Nancy and hur husband had picked out. The wedding was this Sunday, but the day before was the rehearsal dinner and Nancy wanted the guest to set into the house ahead of time.

It was an five hour drive. Mark planned on taking his old truck, it was still parked in the Shepherds driveway. He wanted to have some time alone with Addison and also avoid the awkvard silence that he had witnessed between Derek and Meredith the previous night.

However what he didn't know was that they had made up and was currently cuddeling in Merediths childhood bedroom. She was laying in his arms sound asleep. He moved from the bed as careful as he could. He got out of the room and went to the kitchen. Nobody was up yet.

Twenty minutes later he came back, she was woken up to the sound of the door as he entered the room. She sat up slowly and rubbed her eyes, trying desperately to rub the sleepyness out of them. She smiled at him.

"Morning." She said quietly.

"Good morning to you too. Did you sleep well?" He asked carrying a tray in his hands.

"Wonderful!" She smiled at him trying to see what was on the tray.

"Me too, and I made us breakfast in bed!"He smiled. She was used to getting breakfast in bed on her birthday, but never on a regular Friday.

They ate in silence but smiled at each other once in a while. After the breakfast he placed the tray at the end of the bed and layed an arm over her shoulders.

"Thank you for the breakfast." She said softly.

"Oh no problem, you know a good day starts with a good breakfast." He grinned teasingly at her. He was used to her living of junk food, and rarely eating breakfast. He used to tease her about it, beacause according to Derek breakfast is the most important meal of the day.

"So does that mean it is going to be a good day?" She asked.

"I sure hope so, you get to spend five hours in a car with me and then the rest of the day in a cozy wineyard. Has to be an amazing day!" He smirked at her.

"I bet!" She giggeled at his confidence.

He narrowed his eyes at her.

"Meredith Grey! Are you mocking me?" He said prentending to be hurt.

"Maybe." She giggeled.

"You are going to regret doing that."

"Oh, what are you going to do? Tickle me again?" She teased.

"Be careful or I might!" She teased back.

"Oh, I am so scared!" She said sarcastically

"Oh, you should have been careful." He said as he pinned her down on the bed and started to tickle her stomach.

Meredith was laughing and turning in his arms trying to make him stop. He looked into her eyes and smiled at her expression. Her laugh turned into a scream as she tried to tell him something, but she couldn't get it out.

"What is going on in here?!-" Carolyn swung the door open.

They both became quiet and Derek quickly got of Meredith.

"Oh, i'm sorry.. I didn't realise.. uhm.. you were-" She said startled, she had turned around and was facing the other way as she spoke to them.

"Ma!" Derek said embarrassed.

"What? What am i supposed to think when i get in here, and you are straddling her?" She asked embarrassed.

"I can assure you that i was not straddling her! She was teasing me, so I taught her a lesson.." He said, as the words left his mouth he realizad how kinky it sounded.

"Carolyn, Derek was just tickling me." Meredith corrected him quickly, in an effort to break the tension in the room.

"Oh, uhm. Well, I was going in here to tell you was that we are leaving in 20 minutes." She said still a bit embarrassed.

"Thanks, we will take the Jeep." Derek answered.

"See you there Carolyn!" Added Meredith as Carolyn closed the door.

She quickly turned to Derek, he grinned at her. They both started laughing as soon as their eyes met. She couldn't believe Carolyn had thought she had walked in in on them. They were just friend, and nothing more.

"We should get ready." She quickly, breaking their moment of joy.

"Yeah we should."

They both got into the bathroom and brushed their teeth. Meredith applied a small amount of makeup and curled her hair into soft waves. Derek styled his perfect raven curls and applied some moisturiser to his face.

He left the bathroom and got changed. Derek carried the bags out to the Jeep as Meredith got changed. When they were both done they walked into the kitchen to grab the food and then walked out to the car waiting in the driveway.

It was a five hour drive and they stopped twice. Once to eat the lunch that Carolyn had packed for them and once to get coffee at a gas station. When they finally arrived at the wine yard it was already 3 pm. They were both tired and agreed on resting in their room for a while.

Meredith and Derek walked up to the check in desk, and got the keys to their room.They went to the room and rested for a while. Later that evening they got ready and than went to dinner with the rest of the family.

After dinner they got back to the room and changed into more comfortable clothes. They took a bottle of wine from the minibar and went over to Mark and Addison's room. The rest of the night was spent talking, drinking wine, playing poker and watching a movie.

They got ready for bed early since the two upcoming days were going to be long and exhausting. Meredith way laying in bed. She was snuggled into the pillow and waiting for him to turn of the lights and join her in bed.

He got out of the bathroom wearing a pair of pyjama pants. The contour of his bare chest was defined with the light from the bed side lamp. He got into bed and turned of lights. He pressed his bare skin against her. She felt a shiver run trough her spine as his armed enveloped her.

"Night mer!" He whispered.

"Sleep tight." She answered a bit of nervousness in her voice.

* This chapter is not one of my favoritos, but we are getting to the juicer ones! Sorry for posting late today, i had a lot in school. Anyways hope you enjoyed this chapter and don't forget to vote! Thanks*