𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄

I

I

FOR a good part of my life, I've lived with the luxury of having money. I know it, the people around me know it, but I've never been a snob about it.

Well, not to the people who aren't up my ass all the time.

The sound of my heels faded into the classical musical when I entered the top-floor bar. The bar happened to be above too many hotel rooms to count, but the elevator ride up didn't seem all that long.

"Evening, Ms. Bianchi, what can I start you off with tonight?" James questioned while I took a seat at the long sleek bar, wearing an alluring smile as if it was an accessory. "And your bodyguard, if he's drinking?"

Ah, the shadow that seemed to invade my personal space more times than not, Alessandro.

"Sto bene, grazie, James" {I'm okay, thank you, James}

Alessandro's rich tone which spoke Italian, had reached my ears and caused my slightly crooked posture to be fixed immediately. He always talked so flat, with no emotion behind his words, and professionally, sometimes it irked me.

"Due bicchierini di tequila, per favore" {Two tequila shots, please}

My request caused the brown-skinned man behind the bar to grin and begin making the shots. I slowly turned the leather stool, my head tilting to land my curious irises on the tall figure behind me.

Alessandro smelt like aftershave and had a hint of marijuana, probably from the blunt we smoked just before coming in here.

He's professional... most times.

"It's a night for us to relax, let loose," the male finally tilted his low red eyes to peer into mine. His sculpted jaw clenched when I added a please to the end of my sentence.

It's a plead for fucks sake, who could say no to that?

"Un drink" {one drink}

My lips upturned into the softest grin when Alessandro finally took a seat next to me. He didn't quite fit in the stool considering his muscular build and toned legs. He went to the gym pretty often, I only know because I accompany him most times.

"You heard the man, one drink," I turned my gaze back on James when he set our individual shots in front of us. He grabbed the salt shaker and cut limes, sitting them on a little tray for us as well.

"Call it."

"Heads."

"Tails."

I called heads and Alessandro called tails to see who'd be going first tonight.

James wiped his hands dry when grabbing a quarter from his pocket and flipping it. He didn't look till the quarter was smacked onto the back of his hand and he removed his palm from it.