Wattpad Original
There are 2 more free parts

Five

As they lingered by the bar, Valentina noticed how many of the men were hammered. One man in particular, who was one of the few not wearing a leather cut, was completely inebriated and irritating the bikers. She wondered why he was here if he wasn't part of the club.

Gripping the bottom of her stool, she scooted closer to Butcher. He side eyed her as he crossed his arms, a black long sleeve shirt laid against his muscles. The sleeves were rolled up to his elbows and she couldn't help but look at the ink etched into his skin. They looked like traditional-style tattoos, some of them higher quality than others. Some of them were completely destroyed because deep scars tore through them, whatever image had been there before unrecognizable now.

The biker frowned tighter and pulled his sleeves down. Valentina rolled her lips awkwardly, darting her eyes away. "Sorry," she mumbled. "I've always thought about getting one. I think I'm too scared of the pain."

Butcher shrugged dismissively. "Just skin. Half of mine are fucked." He scratched at the tattoo that was scarred-over without thinking. Her eyes softened a bit, turning more towards him before a loud voice caught her attention.

Jude made his appearance before she could keep trying to bait her bonafide bodyguard into more conversation. Butcher turned to face straight ahead instead of towards her.

Her brother's duffel bag was thrown over his shoulder and he was smiling at the bikers shoving alcohol in his hands. "I've gotta drive, boys. Gimme a break," he shook his head in amusement.

Many of the guys booed. Jude smirked but took the large shot. He held up the glass, and everyone around them raised whatever drinks they had as well.

"Let the road lead you back home, brother!" Gunner shouted before everyone took a swig of whatever they were holding.

Valentina frowned, as she didn't have anything to do it with, but felt better when Butcher didn't do it either. He just looked annoyed at the gesture.

The siblings made eye contact, and her little brother meandered his way over sheepishly.

Valentina shifted a little on the stool. Resting her chin on her palm, she eyed him carefully. "Be safe," she muttered. Butcher rolled his eyes, listening to the two of them.

Jude sighed and nodded. "If I do this, will it be water under the bridge?"

Valentina combed her fingers through her hair, utterly annoyed with him. "The only reason you're doing this is because Gunner made you."

Her brother threw his hands up. "I don't get it, Val. What do you want from me? You're not even giving me a chance."

Her language switched quickly to avoid others from eavesdropping.

"Olvídalo. Ni siquiera te importa lo suficiente como para intentarlo, sólo quieres no sentirte culpable."

Forget it. You don't even care enough to try, you just don't want to feel guilty.

Butcher's ears perked up at the change, brows lifting in interest. Honestly, this argument was only entertaining for a moment. He was waiting for Valentina to finally put her foot down with her ungrateful brother.

Her thick accent flowed off of her pretty lips smoothly. Jude opened his fat mouth, obviously getting riled up with how his fists clenched and his face flushed.

"¡Sólo quiero que me devuelvan a mi hermana!"

I just want my sister back!

Jude's voice had risen a bit and his tone grew sharp. Having enough of this, Butcher shoved him back immediately, getting in his face. "Watch how you fuckin' talk to her, got me?"