Chapter Three: Like the Good Old Times

Author's Note: First of all, I'd like to apologize to you all for taking this long to post this. I had some issues with my beta, as she couldn't help me out anymore due to real life obligations, and I was hoping I'd get to find somebody else to take her place.Turns out, it's not too easy to find a beta for ATLA fan fics, so I gave up, and will do my best to edit my chapters on my own.

Now about the chapter... As you will see, I am mentioning something about Aang's tattos and how they were done. I plan to write more about his tatoos in the future, just for the record. I also am making a few creatures (such as liondiles -> combination of lions and crocodiles), some national dishes, and some of the habbits of people in the ATLA world. I'm doing my research to make sure they resemble things that the nations the 4 nations of the ATLA would normally do, so I'm hoping I'm doing a good job at it. Oh, and one last thing. In my story, I take for granted that other than Yue, everyone is black or brownhaired (and elder people are the only ones who can have gray or white hair). There are no blondes or redheads. 

Hope you enjoy it! Again, sorry for the HUGE delay!

Hugs!

Nessie!

PS: And I won't be leaving that cabbage merchant in peace anytime soon! I just can't resist! He'll end up in all sorts of random places where you wouldn't expect him, his cabbages being as unfortunate as always. Hehe.

Water... Earth... Fire... Air... Long ago the four nations lived together in harmony. Then everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked. Only the Avatar, master of all four elements, could stop them. But when the world needed him the most, he vanished. A hundred years passed and my brother and I discovered the new Avatar. An Airbender named Aang. And although his Airbending skills are great, he has a lot to learn before he can save anyone. But I believe Aang can save the world.

He spent winter mastering Waterbending. By the time spring came to an end, he had learned how to Earthbend. At summer he learned all about the art of Firebending. Now that autumn has arrived, I can't help but wonder if the season of shifting winds will teach him something new.

Chapter Three: Like the Good Old Times 

The morning of the next day found Katara and Aang at the Lower Ring of the big city, hurrying through the shops and buying for supplies for their journey.

"I wish you had told me earlier that we would be leaving," the Waterbender said, as she paid for the vegetables.

"Sorry," Aang said, scratching the back of his head. "I wasn't really sure when I would be leaving and if I was going alone," he explained.

"It's okay, all's good. It doesn't make much of a difference anyway, we could simply have left earlier. We need at least half a day to get everything we need," Katara said and hopped over a soundly asleep, fat, bearded cat which was lying in the middle of the shop's door. "What's next on the list?"

"Um... Let's see... A couple of cabbages," the Airbender said, pointing at the crumpled piece of paper in his hand.

They spotted the cabbage merchant standing a few feet away with his big cart filled with fresh, round cabbages. They were making their way to him when they heard a bird's shriek. They both looked up, to see an eagle-rat coming down, thin, long tail waving in the air, heading straight towards the cart.

"No!" the man said, holding his head with both his hands, a look of desperation written all over his face. "Not again!" The eagle-mouse dodged the unfortunate cart which had been destroyed too many times to count and the merchant wiped his forehead in relief, letting out a deep sigh.