Chapter One: A Meeting With Roku

Water... Earth... Fire... Air... Long ago the four nations lived together in harmony. Then everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked. Only the Avatar, master of all four elements, could stop them. But when the world needed him the most, he vanished. A hundred years passed and my brother and I discovered the new Avatar. An Airbender named Aang. And although his Airbending skills are great, he has a lot to learn before he can save anyone. But I believe, Aang can save the world.

He spent winter mastering Waterbending. By the time ipring came to an end, he had learned how to Earthbend. At summer he learned all about the art of Firebending. Now that autumn has arrived, I can't help but wonder if the season of shifting winds will teach him something new.

CHAPTER ONE: A MEETING WITH ROKU

Katara pushed the curtains hesitantly apart and stepped out on the balcony. Her favorite Airbender was sitting at the edge of the stone banister, gazing at the ever stretching city, the Earth Kingdom's jewel, Ba Sing Se. She quietly made her way to Aang and placed her dark hand on top of his. 

Aang lifted his head to look at her. He never got tired of looking at his favourite Waterbender's beautiful face. A sweet smile spread across his face. "Hey," he said. 

"Hey," Katara said back and sat next to him. "What's on your mind?" She had noticed he was rather quiet this morning. 

Aang shrugged as Katara observed him, in the heavy, dark yellow clothes of his. It was going to take a while for her to get used to him being more than just 'the child she'd found in the iceberg'. The way he had matured and grown to meet his true destiny in such a short time was impressive. Being one of the closest friends of his, even the thought of that filled her with pride. "A lot of things." 

"Like?" Aang stretched his hand and pulled her closer, and she happily cuddled herself on his chest. 

"Hmm... Airbenders. Firebenders... The Fire Colonies... Everything." 

"It's okay." Katara planted a soft kiss on his cheek. "Everything's over. Zuko is taking care of everything. There's nothing for you worry about." She stroked his face trying to reassure him. 

"I shouldn't stop because Ozai isn't a threat anymore. Katara, he's caused chaos to all four corners of the earth! He's left all nations confused and hurt! You saw that village at the Fire Nation. He didn't even care for his own people! And I am the Avatar! I know I should help them all, not stop and let the world put its pieces back together. I wasn't meant to watch them take care of things alone..." 

Katara looked up at him, and gave him a little peck on the lips. "I should have known you'd say something like this." She stared right into his grey eyes for a few seconds. 

Aang smiled, blushing like a little child. "So you understand?" 

"You're the Avatar. I should have known this would happen. Aang... My sweet Airbender... The only Airbender..." she murmured and buried her face at the curve of his neck. He breathed in deeply her scent.

"Do you really think that I am the last one?" Aang asked in a low voice.

Katara looked at him with sad eyes. "We've been in all Air Temples, Aang... You saw it with your own eyes. I'm really sorry. You are the last Airbender." 

Aang felt his eyes water and turned to face the city walls far in the horizon. The sun was finally rising, painting the sky a vivid shade of carrot orange as the first rays found their way through the city. His thoughts travelled to Monk Giatso and all his friends, those hundred and thirteen year old memories; that was all that was left of them. "True... I'm the last one."