Did you think you were free?

"You know, it is pretty boring to see you live a happy life after all the suffering you've caused." The hooded figure spoke.

I am confused as I look out into the black distance my arms and legs are tied by chain.

"Don't worry you can't escape, after all this is purgatory, this is where you will be tried for heaven or hell." The figure said.

"Or if you don't think you'll win the case than I can take you back where it all began with one. Single. Push." The figure had suggested.

"Can I go back, please?" I had pleaded.

"Alright, but if anyone dies, you're coming to hell with me." The figure said.

The figure pointed at me and a white light came out.

.

.

.

As I came to, I realized I had been taken back. I was smaller and younger.

"Sunny, get down here now!!!" My father yelled.

I tried to walk down the stairs but I guess I was too slow cause my father started yelling more.

I finally got down the stairs and looked him in the eyes.

He was pretty angry, so was mom.

"Boy, why haven't you practiced today, Mari's recital is in a week and you haven't fixed your mistakes!!!" My father said.

"Do you want me to practice now, sir?" I asked.

"Yes, but leave the house the sight of you is making my stomach churn!" My father spat.

I left the kitchen and treated some of my cuts. Bandaid's, rubbing alcohol, and some gauze pads fell out of the med kit.

I took some bandaid's and rubbing alcohol and applied them to my scarred, blackened hands.

After that I grabbed by violin and sheet music, walked out the door and went to the lake spot in the park.

"Well, looks like it's gonna be a long day" I said, as I looked out at the sun.

I started playing the violin and perfected the notes within an hour because I had already played the recital a couple of weeks ago.

"Time to head back home." I sighed, as I look back I changed my mind.

It was sunset and I love how beautiful it can be.

So I sat down by the docks and looked out.

About 40 minutes later, Mari was yelling out my name trying to get me home cause our parents asked.

I stay put and wait for her to scold me.

"Sunny why the hell are you so late?!" Mari said, as I shrug.

Mari grabs me by the wrist and pulls me along back to the house.

"Sunny, where the hell were you, useless brat?!" My father writhed at the sight of me.

"I was by the docks." I answered.

"Please go to sleep, sunny your father is angry as of right now." My mother said.

"Ok mom I'll be asleep upstairs." I said, as I walked up.

I got up the stairs with some effort and got into bed.

I crossed my arms behind my head and looked up.

I sighed and then rolled over, Mari was already asleep.