𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐫𝐨𝐜𝐨𝐝𝐢𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐞

𝟑 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐚𝐠𝐨.....

COMMODORE KAMADO (Y/N)  navigated their ship through the treacherous waters of the Calm Belt, heading towards one of the islands where they were stationed. The tranquil sea was deceptively calm, lulling them into a false sense of security. As they drew nearer to the island, an unsettling feeling began to creep over them, and it wasn't just a product of their imagination.

A strange sensation coursed through the sea itself, a whispering, an eerie undercurrent that spoke of emotions, anger, betrayal, fear, and an overwhelming sadness. It was as though the ocean itself was trying to communicate. Kamado couldn't ignore it.

With determination, (Y/N) snapped out of their thoughts, sailing their boat to greater speed, determined to reach the island and uncover the source of this unsettling presence. Upon reaching the shore, they relied on their Observation Haki to pinpoint the individual who was undoubtedly in pain.

In a dimly lit alleyway that (Y/N) almost walked past, something caught their attention.

Slowly and cautiously, (Y/N) approached the figure. It was hunched over and clearly wounded given the overwhelming scent of blood that hung in the air. The marine made effort to avoid startling the injured person.

"H-hey, are yo—"

Before (Y/N) could utter another word, the figure made a desperate attempt to strike them, a feeble but menacing gesture.

"Hey! Calm down, I won't hurt you!" (Y/N) reassured, their voice carrying genuine concern.

"Go away, marine. This is none of your business," the figure retorted, their voice tinged with bitterness and pain.

Yet, (Y/N) remained unyielding. They refused to leave this person to bleed out in this forsaken place, judging by the ever-expanding pool of crimson at their feet.

"No, you're hurt and bleeding profusely. I won't leave you here to die" (Y/N) declared firmly.

The figure eyed the marine warily, their vulnerability laid bare. At their weakest, any sudden movement could cause them to lose consciousness. (Y/N) noticed the figure's fixation on their nearby weapon—a katana. With calculated care, they unsheathed the blade, then gently tossed it out of reach.

Though initially tense, the figure found themselves pleasantly surprised by this unexpected gesture. (Y/N) extended their hands towards the wounded person, a silent plea in their eyes.

"Will you let me help you?"

The figure had an inexplicable trust in the marine standing before them, but before they could articulate their thoughts, they succumbed to unconsciousness. (Y/N) swiftly moved to inspect the fallen man, concern etched on their face.

The man they had rescued was tall, his slicked-back hair contrasting with the dark circumstances that had befallen him. His suit was tattered and blood-soaked, but what caught (Y/N)'s immediate attention was his missing hand and a deep, ghastly gash across his face. The amount of blood was staggering, and it was a small miracle that he hadn't bled out entirely.

With utmost care, (Y/N) lifted the man's limp body and carried him to a secluded corner of the village. They placed their marine coat on the ground to create a makeshift, soft bedding for the wounded man.

Determined to help, (Y/N) approached one of the nearby houses and requested medical supplies. The villagers recognized the Commodore and willingly offered more than enough provisions to aid in the man's recovery.