𝐒𝐈𝐑𝐄𝐍'𝐒 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐋

ᚐᚔᚔᚔᚔᚔᚔᚔᚔᚔᚔᚔᚔᚐ

𝐎𝐑𝐇𝐈𝐂 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐒

ᚐᚔᚔᚔᚔᚔᚔᚔᚔᚔᚔᚔᚔᚐ

𝐓𝐡𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐁𝐚𝐲
8:30𝐚𝐦

The humming of some rock pop song fell from her heart-shaped, full lips. She drummed her nails upon the leather bag she rested on her knees. She gazed at the wall clock, reading 8:31am, and rolled her kohl-painted eyes out of pure reflex.
Sixteen minutes and twenty two seconds late- twenty three, now. Her poised form relaxed slightly as she picked up footsteps along the hallway, heading in her direction.

The noise of the creaking door left a sour frown painted on her beautiful face. She didn't turn, nor acknowledged the headmaster of Thunder Bay High School. "Miss Campbell, I presume?" he questioned with a smile. He came around her seated position and sat down on his chair slowly.

"Were you expecting someone else, Mr. Kincaid?" she answered in total indifference. She tilted her head, a mass of dark blonde locks moving with her. She rested her hands in front of her and braided her fingers together to sit them on her lap.

Mr. Kincaid cleared his throat after repeatedly blinking for a few seconds. He let the surprised glint in his eyes show as he tried to pick up where he left, "Welcome to Thunder Bay High School. Here, you will experience your last year of high school to its fullest potential." he opened a file and lightly grabbed two paper pieces and extended them to her. "This is your curriculum, and this one," he showed the little piece of paper which was now on her tight hold "is your locker's combination number.".

Her eyebrow rose slightly as she hummed approvingly at the curriculum.
She hummed again and looked around his office in concentration. "That is indeed splendid", with the corner of her eyes she saw his stiff muscles contrast.

An excessively irritating noise was heard from the hallways- the signal of the end of the first hour in High School was an echo on her mind as she stretched her legs and rose from her seat. With one last glance at her new principal, she headed over the door.

"Classroom A.3.5, for your literature lessons Ms. Campb-" She silenced his words by closing the door on his face.
She directed her movements towards the main hall, where it buzzed with the life of all kinds of people.

Tall, short, white, Latinos, Middle Eastern, red-haired, black-haired, curvy, athletic, 'overweight'.

As she passed the main hallway, she directed her footing toward a right turn and skipped the steps of the stairs quickly. She found herself facing three doors on a long corridor. She narrowed her eyes at the miniature labels with the room's number above them. She shifted her vision toward the first entrance, reading A.3.3, tilted her head to the other side of the corridor, and read A.3.5.

She walked towards it and eyed it for a few seconds, before outstretching her fingers to open it. She stood in the middle of the entrance and stared at the bright classroom. A full class of wooden desks and chairs waited for the arrival of the students to fill it in.

As she crossed the threshold, she walked slowly onto the third desktop of the middle section and rested her bag atop it. The clicking sound of her thigh-high boots coming in contact with the surface of the floor filled the silence of nothingness.

She was bored.

Alone in a bashful of light classroom, waiting for the Literature teacher to show up.

She sat down, legs crossed over each other and she reached her fingers to fix her black knee-high dress.