2 - Y/N - After Dreamland

Flareongirl360

Post-Execution. This can also apply to other times she dies.

-------

Why-Enn awoke with a sharp gasp, eyes snapping open as they lurched forward. Instinctively, his hand clutched his stomach - instead of gaping stab wounds, he was met with the rough felt of his grey jumper. They sighed, leaning back and closing their eyes, enjoying the brief bliss the silence of this void brought.

Suddenly, the darkness began lightening, turning whiter and whiter before becoming entirely white. Why-Enn did not move. They did not react. This wasn't the first time, and would certainly not be the last. He knew what was coming next. And lo and behold, what was thought was brought.

"GOOD AFTERNOON, WHY-ENN ELL-ENN. WELCOME BACK TO THE LIBRARY. PLEASE SELECT YOUR NEXT ADVENTURE."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"...PLE"

"Please... let me enjoy this..."

"...PLEASE SELECT YOUR NEXT ADVENTURE."

"..."

"..."

"..." Why-Enn tilted their head upward, opening their eyes. Of course, nothing greeted them. Slowly, her feet planted down onto the white void as gravity set into place. "You can never get off my back, can you?"

"PLEASE SELECT YOUR NEXT ADVENTURE."

"What. No summary of my last one?" Why-Enn joked dryly, cracking a sarcastic smile. "'IN YOUR LAST ADVENTURE, YOU PARTICIPATED IN A KILLING GAME AND DIED IN CHAPTER FIVE.'" Everything about their impression of the system was flawless, replicating each monotonous tone exactly.

He strode forward, and soon enough, a white screen appeared before him. It was similar in style to Wattpad's visuals, except for the lack of options to exit and a search bar. It was locked onto 'Danganronpa', showcasing a plethora of roleplays and applyfics alike that rolled down to unknown lengths. One time, he had tried scrolling all the way down, but the system ended up forcing him into a random one after some time. They knew there was no point even trying to access any sort of search bar - god knows they tried.

So with a lazy hand, they began scrolling down aimlessly through the stories.

"Hey, have the other two been active?"

"EMM-ENN ELL-ENN AND EFE-ENN ELL-ENN ARE CURRENTLY IN FREEZE."

They faltered slightly, the mere word causing them to tense up as they gradually continued scrolling. They began humming a quiet tune of a video game they liked from before they disappeared, a slow and melancholic tune that reverberated around the vast nothingness of the void.

"...anything new, you bastard of a system?"

"NO RECENT UPDATES."

"Not what I meant."

They were scrolling, until the screen suddenly blipped out of existence. Why-Enn took a second to realise, eyes then widening in fearful recognition.

And with a sudden second wind, they turned and began sprinting down the white.

And yet, the suddenly haunting, cold voice of the system echoed in the void.

"NO SELECTION MADE."

"SETTING WHY-ENN ELL-ENN TO FREEZE."

Why-Enn ignored this, continuing to run as far away as they could. They huffed as they sprinted, covering a surprising amount of distance. But it wasn't enough to outrun the void.

"FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK- NO NO NO! NO! N-"

Why-Enn froze, then disappeared.

"WHY-ENN ELL-ENN SET TO FREEZE. REASON: SELECTION NOT MADE. FREEZING FOR FAST TRAVEL FROM WHY-ENN ELL-ENN'S PERSPECTIVE."

All was silent once more.