𝟬𝟬𝟴 meeting old friends

eight: meeting old friends cobra kai — season 3, episode 6

cobra kai — season 3, episode 6

      SHE DESPISED HOW VULNERABLE SHE FELT. Standing in the halls that were filled with kids around her age made her want to jump out of her skin. Her palms were clammy, glistening with sweat. Her surroundings felt very new to her regardless of the years she spent in school in Florida. It felt unreal.

    Watching as people have their bags slung over their shoulders, her anxiety grew. She crossed her arms over her chest, keeping her figure very tense from how nervous she felt. The bell rang, signalling that class was about to start. Skylar pulled her phone out while she kept her timetable stashed away and went on to search the classroom.

    She had spent about fifteen minutes of class just trying to find the classroom door engraved with the number 306. Skylar was hesitant. Does she knock? Does she walk in? She chose to knock as a sign of respect instead to barge in when she was late. It took a minute for the door to be opened, to reveal a classroom full of students staring back at her.

    The redhead took a deep breath and ignored the murmurs of the people. She thought back to what Miguel was saying about her anxious thoughts on coming to school. Skylar wanted the first day of school to be when he came, but it didn't work out that way.  The teacher had a frown implanted on her face and Skylar spoke up for the first time since entering the building, "uh, sorry, I'm new."

    The teacher had the look of realisation hit, "oh, right! Skylar Holten, yes?" The redhead nodded as the teacher stepped out of the way, allowing the girl to walk in. Before she could take a seat at an empty spot, the teacher stopped the girl, "class, this is Skylar Holten. Let's do our best and make her feel welcome!"

    Skylar sent a false smile to the woman whilst she sent a look of encouragement. The teacher pointed to an empty spot that was next to a girl who had brown, curly hair, "you can sit next to Sam over there."