Chapter 8

The next day arrived quickly. Seungmin almost slept for 10 whole hours straight, before almost getting a heart attack when he opened his eyes, and spotting Hyunjin staring at him. Apparently spirits don't feel tired and therefore do not require any sleep. And since Hyunjin didn't have anything better to do he spend the whole night wandering around the living room, reading the messages on the dining table and staring at Seungmin every now and then.

After getting ready, with Seungmin forcing Hyunjin to sit on the floor and face the wall while he took a shower, Seungmin had a nice breakfast and then waited for Jeongin to arrive.

Said boy arrived around 1pm, going over their plan for today and teaching Hyunjin how to float. It didn't take long until the ringing of the bell was heard.

"That's my friends!"

Seungmin almost fell face first onto the floor, trying to get to the door as quickly as possible. It would probably look hilarious, if it wasn't for the fact, that Seungmin's in pain, whenever he takes a step.

As soon as he reached and opened the door, he was trapped in a bone crushing hug from his two best friends.

"Guys-.... pl-ease- .... A-i-r!"
"Oxygen is overrated mate"

Felix and Jisung giggled as they let go of Seungmin, who was desperately gasping for air at this point. When he finally catchend his breath, Seungmin felt something being pushed into his hands. Letting his gaze wander to the items that were now tightly secured in his grip, he realised Jisung just had given him the crutches he desperately needed. Smiling he looked up to his two best friends.

"I seriously love you guys."
"We love you too dork"
"Who are you calling a dork you squirrel."
"You little shit-"
"HOLD UP!"

Seungmin and Jisung stopped bickering and looked at Felix, who was glaring at Seungmin. Already knowing what was about to go down, he gulped. He knows this look. Felix's eyes were fixating him, his brows furrowed and overall an expression, that basically screamed 'I am your mother and you are in so much trouble'.

Seungmin just knows that Felix is about to give him the scolding of his life for not taking care of himself and letting his condition become so bad he needs fucking crutches. Feeling the lump in his throat getting bigger, Seungmin let out a nervous laugh, while slowly using the crutches to walk backwards.

"Ah- haha, guys, I realised I didn't introduce you to Jeongin yet, how about we do that now-"
"Kim Seungmin! What the fuck did you do, that you need freaking crutches!"

Felix voice was stern and given that he already had a deep ass voice, it was intimidating as fuck. Just as Seungmin was about to answer, Jeongin bursted into the room, with Hyunjin right behind him.

"I heard my name?"
"JEONGIN! I am glad that you came to introduce yourself to my two best friends ahahaha!"
"Oh, don't think I would let you go so easily. You have some explaining to do mister!"
"Holy shit you voice is deep."
"I'll take that gas a compliment, thank you very much Jeongin. My name is Felix."
"My name is Jisung by the way."
"Nice to meet you two."

Jeongin was grinning from ear to ear. But there was one thing he was really curious about.

"How did you guys manage to get your hands on a pair of crutches?"

Jisung grinned mischievously.

"I know a couple of people who owned some. So i kindly asked them to lend them to me."

Seungmin rolled his eyes smiling. Jisung really does know someone who owns crutches. But he didn't 'kindly ask them to lend them to him'. Nah. Jisung probably threatened to strawberry-jam-bomb their front yard if they didn't do so. Luckily they were close with each other so there probably wouldn't be bad blood, if Jisung ever decided to do that again. Yes, he did it before. And yes Seungmin was with Jisung that day. Let's just say it was an eventful day back then. Because Seungmin was Jisungs victim. They were lucky Seungmin's parents never found out. But the living room smelled like strawberry's for a whole week after that.

However, Felix was quite stubborn and piped in again.

"Whatever you did Jisung, I wanna know what Seungmin did to himself first. So chop chop. Everyone go to the living room and sit the fuck down. I am not letting Seungmin stand here with his broken ass legs."

Everyone quickly complied to Felix's commands. Hyunjin strolled next to Seungmin to the living room.

"You know, your choice in friends is quite interesting"

Seungmin didn't say anything, but just looked at the spirit boy next to him.

"Nonetheless, everyone would be lucky to have friends like that Seungmin. Consider yourself lucky. Maybe someday I can be a part of your friend group too."

Seungmin smiled slightly. He would love to introduce Hyunjin to his friends and family. But in order to do that, Hyunjin had to survive. Wich means they had to find his body ASAP. Sitting down onto the couch, Seungmin sighed and waited for everyone else to sit down as well.

As soon as everyone was sat, he started explaining everything. Well everything except for the fact that Hyunjin, the missing boy all over the news, was following him. But he explained how his condition got as bad as it was and that he wanted to investigate in Hyunjin's case. He explained his plan and also told Felix and Jisung that he has only three weeks, tho he explained that he couldn't tell them why he has a time limit just yet. Felix made him swear that he will do so once those three weeks are over and Seungmin eventually agreed.

And with that everything was settled. Felix and Jisung took it upon themselves to make some food for everyone, before they would start the plan of investigating in Hyunjin's home. Hyunjin was just sitting next to Seungmin the whole time. He was really grateful for every single one of them, trying to help solve his case. But at the same time he was afraid too. What if they wont make it in time? What if all their effort will be wasted? He doesn't want that. And if he could, Hyunjin would surely be crying right now.

But what nobody knew. That deep deep down in a hidden basement there was laying an unconscious boy. And if anyone would have been there, they surely would have seen the single stray tear that rolled down his in dirt and blood covered face.

--

Yeah, I probably won't update tomorrow, since my ass will be having a job interview and an overall tight schedule. Anyways, let me know what you think of the story so far. Is there anything I can do better? If yes, please do let me know, I appreciate any kind of feedback. Thanks again and good night ♡