Chapter 17

And with that, ... days passed. Seungmin felt like he is back at the beginning. Sure he has gathered a lot of information, but he can't do much wich it. It feels like a dead end. His legs are now better and he is able to walk normally with them again, but is also slowed down in making progress on the Hyunjin case, since he has to attend work again.

He also started pulling all nighters more frequently, trying to find any clue that could help him solve Hyunjin's case. And it showed. Seungmin got paler and thinner than usual, with the bags under his eyes clearly visible.

"Seungmin... Are you looking at that video again?"

Hyunjin and Seungmin were currently in the living room. It was pitch black outside. The only source of light comming from the computer screen, which softly traced over Seungmins features, who had been glued to said screen like a moth to light.

"Hmm"

That him was all Hyunjin got as a reply.

"Come on Seungmin. You should sleep a bit. In three days is your first day of school and it's already 2 am. You gotta get up in 4 hours."

Seungmin let his eyes finally travel off the screen, to his spirit friend next to him, which caused him to blink furiously. His eyes were tired and burned a bit from looking at the screen. Only after he rubbed his eyes, it got slightly better.

"Seungmin. You are clearly exhausted. You really should rest for a bit."

"But how else am I supposed to help you? At night is the only time, I actually can do my research."

Hyunjin rolled his eyes. He was getting a bit frustrated at the younger.

"Getting hung up on that video, looking at it for hours is what you call research?"

Hyunjin instantly regretted what he said, as he looked at Seungmin, who clearly was hurt at the others words. He was just trying to help Hyunjin after all. He really tried his best. And he really wanted to help Hyunjin to, well, not die.

"I'm sorry Seungmin. I shouldn't have said that.. I'm just.. Worried."

Seungmin let out a sigh. It was true, that he let his health suffer in order to help Hyunjin. And he knows that Hyunjin worried about him more and more each day.

"Don't be. You are right about that. I am getting nowhere with this."

Seungmin closed the laptop and stood up. He walked to the kitchen and poured himself a glass of water. Hyunjin followed him, giving the younger a worried glance, watching him, as he gulped down the cold beverage.

In Seungmin's mind, there must be something he is missing. The just has to be a clue. And he was determined to find it, wherever it was. He just had to try harder.

He let his mind wander off to the video once more, while letting his eyes explore the familiar street, illuminated by the streetlights right outside of the kitchen window, looking past the faint reflection of himself in it.

...

Reflection?

"Wait..."

Seungmin turned around to Hyunjin, who looked at him confused.

"OH MY GOD THE WINDOW!"

"Seungmin, what? What window, HEY-"

Seungmin sprinted right through Hyunjin, towards the laptop, booting it up once again. He opened up the file that gave him so many sleepless nights and spammed the play button, until the video was finally playing.

Hyunjin walked towards the younger with a clear 'what the fuck' expression all over his face. But Seungmin didn't pay him any attention. His eyes were once more glued to the screen, like his life depended on it. The spirit boy sat down next to the younger and looked at the screen. More specifically, the window. He didn't know what Seungmin was looking for, but he surely was going to help the younger.

As usual, the video showed Hyunjin distracting himself, by dancing. His reflection in the window following his every move. It wasn't dark outside. It looked like it was around early afternoon.

Both boys scanned the window. Other than Hyunjin it showed only 2 curtains, that were hung up on the ceiling, reaching the floor. Their purpose? To cover up the huge mirror waal if needed.

The video was almost over and Seungmin already gave up hope that he found whatever he was looking for, when the reflection in the window, showed a movement. Right there, behind one of the curtains. It wasn't very noticeable. In fact it was extremely easy to miss. But it was there. And the part, where Seungmin almost screamed out of joy was, when a pair of shoes came into sight for a few seconds.

"HYUNJIN! HYUNJIN, WE FOUND IT! WE FOUND IT!"

"Seungmin, for the love of God, quiet! You are going to wake up your neighbors."

Seungmin only grinned from ear to ear and gave Hyunjin a nod. Hyunjin couldn't hide his grin aswell. But as quickly as it appeared, it disappeared. Sure, they found the part that was edited. But was it really of use? It only showed a pair of white shoes with black stripes on the side. They still don't have a face, name or someone under suspicion. So he asked Seungmin.

"What do we do now?"

Seungmins smile died down and leaned back on the sofa he was sitting on.

What do they do now?