Chapter 3

It's almost my lunch time but before I'm going back to the mangers office so can quickly grab my bag. Just as I'm outside the door I see that girl again. The same girl I saw yesterday and this morning. When I hear Sam say something to her I step out of view and just listen to what they're gonna say.

"How things been?" Jose asks in a soft voice.

"They've been ok. Not been to bad this week. Just been calmish. Had one bad time when me and my sister argued but after I just went off for a walk make sure I calmed down and stopped anything before it started." Whats this about?

"Has she said anything recently?"

"She's always talking sometimes giving me a headache but fortunately calm at the moment. Honestly I'm just waiting for the big explosions again."

"Remember we"re here if you need us"

"Thank you. Both of you"

"No problem. Now go on its time for your break." With that I decide to move quickly away from the door and into the eating area when I know its the right time I walk back towards the office walking past the girl who's now on the floor going into her locker grabbing her bag. So I decide to quickly grab my bag not really playing attention to Jose or Sam and then head back out deciding to say Hi to this girl. Just like this morning when I walk past her I see her look up at me so I give her small warm smile which sends back a couple seconds before looking away again.

Right time to talk"Finished now?" What don't want it to seem like I know what she's up to.

"No lunch. You?"

"Same"

"What time you finishing?"

"Half eight. How about you?"

"Yeah I'm same. I always do lates" with that she gets up closing her locker and starts walking through the eating area then through the corridor. Which I decide to follow.

"What? You always do lates?"

"Yeah I prefer them. I enjoy closing the shop and everything. Plus it's easier for me and the mangers"

"Fair enough. I'm Liam by the way"

"Jenny."

"Nice to meet you"

"You too." With that things went quite till Jenny started to talk again. "Since we both have lunch at the same time and we seem to be anyways wanna join me for lunch?"

"Sure I'll love to" She gives me another smile and we head downstairs out the 1st floor doors to out. "Where heading?"

"Honestly I feeling like having Mcdonals"

"I'll definitely join you in that"

"Cool" With that we start walking together in a comfortable silenness but to be honest wanna continue talking get to know her.

"So how long you been working at boots?"

"Over a year"

"So been part time all the way through?"

"No I'm full-time"

"What about college or university?"

"Not in either"

"Cause of Christmas break?"

"Nope. Dropped out"

"From?"

"I dropped out of college"

"What? But that's not allowed"

"Yet I did it"

"Can I just ask how old you are?"

"How old do you think I am?"

"Well I did think about eighteen nineteen"

"I'm seventeen. I dropped out from college after a few months of being in and became full-time at work. As long as I was doing something with my life my parents let me drop"

"You know what fair enough" she gives me that smile again and we head into Mcdonalds. We both order our own food to take away and after get it we take it back to work to eat in the staff area. When we get back we sit together on a table just talking.

"So what about you Liam?"

"What about me?"

"How old are you and what you doing other then working here on ops for Christmas?"

"How did you know I was on ops for Christmas?"

"Because I'm tills person and you've arrived the same time the Christmas temps have. Pluss earlier you with Jose in the stock room talking about it"

I give a small chuckle quickly wipe my fingers and have a sip of my drink. "Well I'm nineteen and aside this I have an apprenticeship"

"What the apprenticeship?"

"Building work"

"Handman then" She says that in a sort of jockey cheeky way which honestly I liked.

"Guess you could say that" we both smile at eachother and then she looks down again this time checking her phone.

"We should properly think about getting back to work"

"Alright" we both get up sorting our rubbish out and go to the bathrooms to wash our hands. When I done I see her leaving the girls changing room all back in her uniform with her headset on."How come you get changed?"

"Cause when I'm not working I don't like being in uniform. So people don't know where I work or anything"

"Thats fair enough really" we head downstairs and we get to the first floor that's when part. "You heading down?"

"Yeah my place is the ground floor. Always has been always will be. I'll see you round"

"Yeah see you round" With that she runs down the escalater and disappears from my sight. But I know that's not not gonna be the last.

By the end of the shift the manger on late which seemed to Hannah got us together on the ground floor at the tills which is where I see Jenny closing the all the card machines. "Right cash up time. People who know take someone who doesn't. Jenny your on SCO's and you can take Liam." We both look at eachother and I give her smile which she sends back.

"Alright. Come on Liam. And could you bring them bags" I give her nod and while she takes two boxes I take a few bags which when she takes them she throws one down on each machine.

"So what's happening?"

"Cashing up. Sorting out money in the tills and machines. At the moment I've got the machines to get ride of the extra notes it doesn't need." When they're done Jenny presses on different buttons on the screen quickly too quickly for me to catch up and then soon enough changing the note boxes around and collects all the coupons up into all the bags she through down.

After about ten minutes we were all done and then Hannah asked Jenny and another girl Emily to go sort the money out while we all continue tiding up for a few minutes before heading up to get ready to leave.

When we do get sent up I go change into my normal cloths and then when done I clock myself out. As I do I hear the door behind me go when I turn round I see Jenny. "Mind if I clock out?"

"Go ahead" I step aside and she clocks herself out when she does we walk down the staff exit waiting for everyone else before we leave. "How come we need to wait?"

"If we don't the mangers don't know who's left and who's still in and there has been occasions where people have been locked in before setting the alarms off."

"Oh"

"Yeah"

Soon enough we hear Hannah telling us we can go so Jenny opens the door and we all follow her out. When we do I see her putting on her headphones but before she does I quickly say one last thing. "Hope I get to see you again soon"

"Work is like my second home I'm sure you will" she gives me smile and then crose the road putting her headphones on. When she's out of view I turn round and make my way towards my bus stop to head home.