TWO

Early on I thought there might have been some hope. I was in a small band of people who had failed to fall under the illness. But for many people it was terrifying. One kid had been in a car when his dad crashed. That's when his father caught the sickness. The boy's dad was engulfed in zombies which was traumatizing enough for the child, but even worse, the boy's father did to the boy as had happened to him moments prior. Hospitals were overrun with infected doctors, nurses, and patients. Anyone who thought that there might have been help there died minutes within arrival. Only a few groups of people had survived. 

In our area, there were three surviving bands. Our band, the antiutopian alignment (or anti), Kilo and the largest band, the new hope coalition. 

in each band, members formed a pact to conform to certain rules. The members within the bands trust each other dearly and would give their life to save the others, but outside of each band, an aura of mistrust and dishonesty lies on the city. If someone lies or steals it could be, potentially, the end entire band's lives.

 If someone lies or steals it could be, potentially, the end entire band's lives

Each band was able to secure bases clear from zombies. Though many were forced to journey into the terror of the hoards of zombies to get food and supplies, usually at night. We formed districts between us and the other bands so that we wouldn't steal from one another. Banners formed from old bed sheets or dirty yards of fabric were hung between buildings to separate the districts. If anyone decided to steal from Anti or even step one of their two feet into our district, they'd regret it very quickly.