Colleague

"Grillby-" Wingdings chased after the Fire Elemental as Grillby made a run for it. It was getting late out, well early. They'd been in the lab all day and with winter fast approaching, Grillby wanted to spend his time with Wingdings outside before he locked himself inside. He had also been stocking up on all sorts of cookware since he couldn't take them to someone to wash them. He was naturally stocking up on food as well and G for his rent during the cold, watery months. "Grillby, please give me my notes back!" Grillby smirked back at Wingdings. "You will have to catch me first~" He teased as he bolted for the open field. Wingdings huffed and shook his head. He couldn't help but smile though. He chased after Grillby as the fire monster poked his tongue out at Wingdings. He would show Grillby. Grillby managed to duck away from Wingdings when the Skeleton caught up. Grillby laughed at Wingdings startled and devious expression. "You must do better then that!" Grillby encouraged as he ran away again. "I will win at this game you are playing, Mark my words!" Wingdings threatened as he ran after Grillby.

⚜️⚜️⚜️

Wingdings finally caught Grillby as the sun was starting to rise. Wingdings had all but tackled his friend which sent them both rolling in the grass. They were both laughing like fools as Wingdings laid on top of Grillby. "Haha... hand.... hand them over..." Wingdings panted. "Jokes on you.... hah... I dropped them hours ago... hah..." Grillby responded. Wingdings couldn't even find it in himself to be mad. "I hate you..... so much.... right now.." He threatened, though Grillby knew better. He went to get up but... his flames turned pink at the position he was in. "Uh... Wingdings... could you get off...?" Wingdings looked confused before he realized the compromised position they were in. Wingdings scrambled to his feet as he looked around to see if anyone saw. While male x male partnerships were more common among monsters, it was still frowned upon in this day and age. Luckily nobody was out yet. A purple hue took over his skull. "I apologize, I certainly was not- I am not- I am sorry!" Wingdings wasn't gay. He was straight. That is what he had convinced himself. "I-It is fine, I know what your intentions were, my friend.."

⚜️⚜️⚜️

Grillby helped Wingdings to find his research papers. He was glad to get Wingdings out, even if the end had been rather... unexpected at the end. For a split moment, he'd actually though Wingdings was going to kiss him... and... he'd been excited about it. He should've known. Being gay was frowned upon, but he couldn't help feeling attracted to the Skeleton scientist. That was why he felt disappointed in the end. He would not blame Wingdings for not feeling what Grillby felt though. It was understandable even. Maybe he did feel it and just didn't want it to believe it. Many were like that. "Here they are." Wingdings bent over to collect his papers, Grillby quickly moved to help. "Thank you my friend." Wingdings gave Grillby an adorable smile. "Of cour-" He heard something Sizzle on his fire. He looked up. "Ah! Look at that! It's snowing early!" Wingdings had a pleasant smile on his face, enjoying the small flakes. Grillby, however, was terrified. "I must go." Wingdings frowned. "What?" Grillby backed up. "I must go, I have to go now." Grillby turned and started walking away at a fast pace, leaving Wingdings confused.

⚜️⚜️⚜️

Wingdings assumed Grillby had something to do, he assumed that was why he left so ubruptly. It was too bad, Wingdings wouldn't have minded watching the snow with him for awhile before returning to his work. Wingdings sighed feeling oddly disappointed. It was fine, he should probably get some rest... perhaps Grillby would join him later for another study? Wingdings blushed a little at the thought of looking at Grillby's soul. "Not like that... he is my friend, nothing more." Wingdings scolded himself softly. He'd looked and Grillby's soul before without problem, how was this any different from before? Wingdings huffed out a sigh as he walked home in the fresh falling snow, sparing the house Grillby lived in a glance. What if he said something wrong? What could he have said though? He was stressing over trivial things again, wasn't he. The answer was simple. If he had said or done something wrong after he'd gotten some sleep. He would not leave his only friend to suffer, if that was the problem. He would figure it out in a few hours.