Problems with the mecha beast, visiting deadweed cavern

Our heroes are currently chasing a Hoverbug slug, the only slug capable of flight in protoform. Eli picking a Arachnet slug on the way.

"We're never gonna catch that thing Eli, this is just a game to them." Kord told his leader.

"Oh, so that's why this is so much fun." Eli smirked. "If it's this fast now, just imagine when it transforms."

"Eli, if we keep going , we'll reach that canyon, at this speed, we won't slow down in time." Ahsha warned. She was riding with Y/n as she didn't have a mecha yet, but Y/n was currently making her one. 

"Then we'll have just have to jump over it!"

"Have you lost it Eli?!" Y/n asked Eli in disbelief. "We're never gonna make it across!"

"We'll totally make it." Kord said. "I just put new upgrades in most of our mecha beast."

Activating the upgrades by twisting the handles, the mechas new rocket boosters was activated. This gave them a boost to jump over the canyon, but just when Eli was about to grab the Hoverbug, most of their mechas malfunctioned, causing most of them to fall to the canyon bellow.

 The Hoverbug looked amused until Y/n, who's mecha's the only one that didn't malfunction grabbed it when it wasn't paying attention.

Luckily, Eli used his new Arachnet to create a web to stop them from falling to the bottom. After Y/n's mecha landed on the other side, Y/n fires Bubble and Whirlwind, after they transformed, Bubble scooped up the others and Whirlwind created a tornado to lift them out of the canyon.

After the others was lifted out and the slugs turned back to normal, Y/n and Ahsha both checked up on them. "You guys okay?" Y/n asked.

"We're fine, congrats on getting the slug, what's his name?" Eli asked.

"I'll call him Jet, now lets get you guys back to the hideout so Kord and take a look at your mechas"

Timeskip

As Kord was looking over the mechas, Eli was trying to pull a piece web that was stuck on Pronto's rear,  after a bit, he managed pull the web off.

"There, i told you those Arachnet slugs are a pain in the hiney." Pronto complained.

"Yeah, but that slug also saved ours." Eli said." Without the web, we would't be here."

"I question your mechanical aptitude mister cave troll." Pronto said to Kord.

"Yeah, you're like a mecha beast guru, what happened? Eli asked.

"I don't know what happened." Kord said before Eli's mecha, Lucky, puffed out some smoke from the exhaust. "This wasn't my fault."

"Well perhaps if you wasted less time playing the jokes on Pronto." Pronto began.

"I don't waste time pranking you." Kord said.

"Well actually..." Trixie said as she typed on her keyboard. The screen then showed Pronto being pranked thrice, causing the others except of Pronto to have a good laugh.

"Hey, where's Y/n and Ahsha?" Eli asked noticing the two missing.

"Their in Y/n's dimension, they manage to get in touch with a contact of theirs." Trixie explained. 

With Y/n and Ahsha, they were at a computer reading the message they received from their contact.

"Great, we didn't find out much." Y/n said as he looked over the message.

"It's better then no info at all." Ahsha said as he placed her hand on his shoulder.

Asha decided to practice at the temples training grounds while Y/n worked on her mecha beast, Kord would have helped, but Y/n was confident he could do it, he made his own after all.