One

As the set of half brothers stood side by side in an awkward, intense silence, watching their own daughter converse in the distance, probably bidding their goodbyes at each other, purposely leaving the two on them there in the distance. The set of father could almost guess the reason why they were left there alone together, to converse on their own.

But the set of siblings have nothing to say to each other. With all the traces of black magic as well as Aeternitas in his body, with the help of his daughter as well as the grace of his niece and maybe his brother- the Emperor too. Although the news of his execution must have spread around the empire, behind the gates of the palace, he and his daughter was given a new chance in life.

Honestly it wasn't that bad. For now, he and his daughter would go for a travel around the empire. He got nothing to do anyway. No honour, no title, with a little magical power that he has enough to defend himself and his daughter. This isn't usually an ending fitting for a villain. Although he was under the influence of Aeternitas for the past few years, decades. He somehow knew what he was doing blinded by envy and perhaps anger.

One way of another, he was ready to die. And to think that he would be spared after all of what he have done. Quite to be honest, he was somehow at lost but not lost enough to know not know of what to do. Nevertheless, to think that this was his ending, with nothing but money and a daughter. He could not help but to chuckle.

"Was it worth it?"

Halting for a moment before looking at current Emperor.

"It was woth the sho-"

"I mean choosing this path, the throne over her."

Her.

If someone were to hear this right now, they would assume it was Judith. But both of them knew that wasn't the case. That what Claude was talking about someone else and not his former fiancée stollen by him, Anastacius.

It was her. The Emperor's former younger nanny and a playmate to both of them, the princes. One who was also in the same age as Anastasius and the Saintess. The one who came from a ruined ducal family all thanks to their father who sees them as a threat to the throne. Forcing her to face humiliation as she was basically forced to work on the palace as a lowly maid of a lowly Prince.

It was her. One who has the shares the same witts as him and possess knowledge of those scholars at the Academy. Her who takes pride of her origin at the same time humble and careful enough to to catch the attention of other people. But not him, not Anastasius who knew long ago from the first time they have met in the garden that she was different.

It was her, (First name) (Lastname). The one he chooses to left behind over the throne he no longer possess, one he thought was rightfully his but turns out it was never the case.

Was it worth it?

He don't know. You were long gone anyway, and for a moment, he couldn't help but to glare at the culprit, Claude.

"Other than your daughter, you could be thankful to her."

"What do you mean?"

"That day... I couldn't make up my promise with her. But I fulfilled that promise now. I can't kill a person twice, no?"

Claude spoke with a smirk on his face that quickly fades away as fast as the corner of his lips curl up.