Three

In the corner of the currently very chaotic room was a man with blonde hair and jewel like blue iris. He just stood there motionless, watching his mother seizures in pain as her most trusted servants hurriedly took care of her. It was not something he have seen once but it wasn't something he was used to seeing and something he would never get used to it too.

"Young Master Ambrose, we need you out of the room now."

"But mother-"

"You're getting in the way, young master."

Upon hearing such thing, how could he not comply to the words of his mother's aide?

With an emotionless face, he went out of the room and before he could even look back as he hears her scream in pain, the door was shut behind his back. As if it was none of his business. As if it wasn't his mother who was in pain inside. As if he was just a stranger, a nobody in the scene. But he wasn't, that woman was her mother.

The same mother who he could never get to openly call mother. The mother who was strict but kind, cold but caring. His mother whom he never once heard her call him son, but would often take him into a venture in the city per his request. His mother who would often have seizures just looking at his true appearance when he was a child and would end up hurting him, forcing him to rely on his magic to chance his appearance and by the time she manage to snap out of it, she would cradle him in her arms, telling her how much she loves him and how sorry she was.

With a sigh, he went out of the way of the door into his mother's room and sat down on the floor just right beside the door and lean on the wall. It was something he have always done when he was a child whenever his mother would go through seizures, and now recalling back the memories as he is now a nineteen year old still somehow seating on the same spot as he does a few years back.

It bring back memories. The resentful stares of the maids and worker of the manor, the disgusted look in their eyes, eyes glaring as if wondering why he even existed and last but not the least, the look of pity.

"You're still here."

It was his mother aide who went out of the room that made him look up.

"How's mother?"

"Something you shouldn't worry about, please go back in your room, Young Master. Your sword manship lesson would start an hour from now. Then if you'll excuse me-"

"My mother... please, I had enough growing up being told I am too young to know about my mother's condition. Please... please tell me how my mother is doing..."

As the white haired aide looks down to this Young Master hand holding on into the hem of his clothes. He let out a sigh and ran his hand through his hair with an annoyed look on his face and yet seeing his puppy looking like Young Master waiting for like hours now outside his mothers room, how could he not give in? If only he could look a little less than his father.

Looking away from those jewel like eyes that was showing, perhaps due to his unstable emotions that we wasn't able to control his appearance that was changed with his own magic. He let out a sigh again before gently prying off the hand that was basically wrinkling the hem of his clothes.

"That... Alright, but the hallway is not an appropriate place for us to talk about the Master's condition. Shall we continue in your room?"