Four

You're strange.

Those were the words Anastasius could described you the moment he laid his eyes on you.

You were someone in the same age as him and his friend, the saintess. By the looks of it, the three of you lived a different life bound to go on a different paths. If there was one thing in common the three of you have, that would be his younger brother, Claude. The one you're looking for, the one he adore and for the Saintess to cherish.

You were strange, despite the unwanted, disgusting looks that you got given to your position in the palace, your eyes never lost it's shine. Maybe it was one of the things he liked about you.

You're gentle, loving and caring. You're very knowledge, often correcting him as the two of you goes into deep conversations about different topics, be it from the household of different noble families, the trends, and even politics as the two of you rest from the shade of the tree in the garden, watching the saintess and the young prince Claude wandering around.

He was mid sentence when he pause, a piece of petal landed on your hair causes him to stop talking.

"You have a piece of petal on your hair."

"Hmm? Where?"

As you made a poor temp in finding the piece of petal, he decided to took the matters in his hand as he gently hold one of your writs.

"Let me."

Just like that he lean close, still holding your hand, he used his empty hand to remove the piece of petal on your hair and withdraw, yet the lingering smell of you remains.

"Done."

He utter as he continue to stare at you.

"I could have done it by myself you know."

You chuckle, fingers running through your hair with a smile on your face and the you look at him

Anastasius was well aware that whatever he is feeling right now, it would not do him nor you any good. But heavens, O'Heavens. How beautiful you are when you smile and look at him in the eyes for just him. Not as the Prince, not someone you should serve, not someone you should fear. Just him. That was something he really liked about you other than your smile. He does not know what exactly was to call this feeling but-

"Oh it seems like the young prince, his highness Claude is calling for me. Shall we go?"

As you look away from him to look at Claude from the distance, he felt his heart throb in pain. It left a bitter taste on his mouth.