Chapter 14: Tensions Rise

Damon shuddered, finally pulling himself out of the trance Pandora's words and touch had sent him into. "Let go of me." He said, calmly and coldly. "Aww." Pandora reached up and put one hand underneath his chin, caressing his neck gently. "You're so cute. What if I didn't want to?" She asked. Even with his eyes locked on the house in the distance, Damon could still tell that she was grinning. He bit his lip, trying to control his anger. "If you don't let go right now." He said, a tremble of rage in his voice. "Then I will make you regret it." 
Pandora laughed, her silky voice falling into the open air like a drop of water into desert sands. "I dare you to try." She lilted. Damon closed his eyes, doing his best not to lose it. He was panicking way more than the situation called for, and he knew he needed to stop. Pandora was just playing with him, like he had played with all the heroes he'd killed over the course of his life. She was enjoying the kind of fun that villains had with their prey. It meant nothing. It amounted to nothing. It was just a game. But that still didn't explain why it felt so real to him. He was actually trembling a little bit, which he despised more and more with each passing second that his body refused to let him take back control over it. He didn't have a clue why he was shaking so much, other than that it might have been related to the immense and unwelcome emotions that were racking him as Pandora continued to hold him tight. 
The young hero laughed again, filling the silence with her beautiful voice. "Well, I suppose that's settled, then." She said, drawing him in closer still. "You can't do anything to stop me." She took a few steps back, pulling an unwilling Damon into one of the gazebos that stood only a few feet away. Damon struggled as she dragged him into the romantic little structure, fighting to escape her grasp with everything he had. But somehow, she still managed to hold him securely in her arms, squeezing tighter the more he fought to escape. "Come on." She said, sitting down on the soft cushions that covered the wraparound bench in the gazebo she had choson. "Do you really want me to let go?" She purred, letting Damon sit next to her but pulling him in until their hearts were touching and she was staring into his eyes. Damon grit his teeth, trying his hardest to pull away and finding once again that Pandora was quite a bit stronger then him. "Yes." He hissed, fighting to at the very least push her away from him enough that he could have some space to think. He felt as though he was drunk with her holding him like this. Her crystal eyes stared deep into his, like burning lights that he simply couldn't look away from. He was nothing but a delicate moth caught in her gaze, flitting about with only a hope that she would let him go to save him from being crushed by her. Her piercing look was numbing his senses, making everything around him seem fuzzy and dark compared to her. It was as though someone was shining a spotlight on the two of them, leaving everything else in darkness as she continued to stare deep into his soul. 
The thing was, he didn't want her to let him go. He wanted her to pull him in closer. He wanted to let himself slip back into the thoughts and feelings that he usually reserved for fighting people or dealing with anyone outside of the cities he ruled over. He wanted to be as alluring as he usually was around heros. He wanted her to feel the same way he felt right now. And that was what truly scared him. It wasn't that she was touching him, or that she had complete power over every movement he made; it wasn't that she was close enough to him that she could do anything she wanted. It was that he couldn't bring himself to truly believe that he wanted her to release him. He wished she would bring him in closer still. He could already imagine what it would feel like to wrap his arms around her and pull her up so that their faces touched. His lips tingled at the thought simply kissing her. And, if he didn't find some way of wriggling out of her grasp within the next few seconds or so, he was worried that he was going to give in to those desires. 
Pandora grinned up at him, reaching up to caress his face. "Aw, are you sure?" She asked. Her eyes spoke more to what she was thinking then her words, showing as clearly as daylight that she knew he wanted her to pull him in even more. Perhaps he had let his stubborn, stone-like expression slip long enough that she could see the emotions that not even he could name. Or, perhaps it really wasn't as difficult to see as he would have liked. After all, it wasn't as though he had made any attempt to hide it. Damon bit his lip, trying to force himself to demand that she let go of him. The trouble was, he knew that she would if he made it seem like he wasn't enjoying this. She wasn't going to hold him captive in her arms and force him to do as she pleased. That was his job. Pandora had a lot more respect then he did when she was playing these games, and while that would have been good if he actually wanted her to let go of him, it was bad when he didn't. He had the choice to make her release her hold over him. He could plead to the side of her that was not as villainous as she was acting, and he had no doubt that his cries would be answered. Which made a conscious decision to stay in her arms and let her continue to cuddle him all that harder to make. 
But there was another way, wasn't there? One that would suit Damon perfectly. One that would give them both what they wanted. Damon stared into Pandora's eyes, trying to determine once and for all if this truly wasn't just her playing around with him. He didn't have to look far to find what he was searching for. That deep, insatiable longing. That lovely mark of desire in that perfect, stunning face. Damon smirked at the sight of it, realizing that Pandora already felt the same deep longing that he had wanted to inflict on her. She was willing to bend to his wants and needs, without so much as a complaint. She wanted him to do exactly as she was doing to him, and perhaps to go even further. And now that Damon could see that, he could control it. And he fully intended to do so. But not before he thoroughly annoyed Pandora by taking his sweet time to get to the point where the two of them could share the same emotions, the same longing. The same deep, dark wants. 
Damon smiled into Pandora's eyes, leaning in closer to her and setting one hand lightly against her face, so that his thumb rested next to her nose and his fingers caressed her cheek. Her face lit up as he touched her, and she leaned in closer to kiss Damon. But he wasn't having it. Not yet. Instead of letting their lips touch, Damon allowed his to head turn off to one side, just narrowly dodging Pandora's attempt to have a simple, innocent moment. He put his chin on her shoulder, turning so that his breath was on her neck and he could almost feel her pulse. She let out a little noise of surprise and tried to move back, just as he had expected. The moment she let him go, he wrapped his arms tightly around her and pulled her body closer to his, smiling as he rested his lips on her throat. "What are you doing?" She asked, confused and thoroughly out of her depth. Damon grinned. "Oh, sweetheart." He said, bringing his head up ever so slowly until their eyes met. "You picked the wrong villain to love."