Chapter 19: Sleepy Head

Pandora fell asleep in Damon's arms after what could have only been half an hour of them cuddling together, which wasn't all that surprising. Damon figured she hadn't gotten a lot of sleep over the past few weeks, possibly even months. She would have been forced to bounce around from place to place a lot while she was trying to get through the cities of Carpture, since stopping would have been virtually impossible if she wanted to live. And, of course, she couldn't have just let herself die at the hands of a million cityfolk; her boss probably would have swept in and dragged her out of that mess long before anything truly bad could have happened to her. Damon wasn't sure why that changed once she got to him. Maybe her boss couldn't keep tabs on her at all times when she was in a place like Damon's manor, where everything was tightly guarded and trespassers were shot on sight. Maybe it was his personal preference not to deal with his heroes after they had gotten to their destination. Whatever the case, Damon was glad of it. If even just one thing had been slightly different about the circumstances that led to him 'capturing' Pandora, he wouldn't have been sitting here right now with the best lover he could have ever asked for nestled in his arms. Well, 'nestled' wasn't exactly the right word. She was almost as tall as Damon, and just as muscular, if not more. Cuddling her like this was pretty difficult. But he didn't mind. She was still adorable when she was snuggled up to him. When she trusted him enough to fall asleep in his arms. 
Damon sat like this for a long time, watching Pandora rest and contemplating what it would be like to do this for the rest of his life. He had never been one to fantasize about getting together with someone for an extended period of time. In fact, he had hardly ever even thought about it when he was with the few flings he had loved for a day or two in the past before one of them got bored and broke it off. But now, he couldn't help letting himself slip into daydreams of what waking up next to such a beautiful, wonderful person would be like. What rolling over and caressing her cheek as they whispered their good mornings would make him feel. How they could go about their days, doing all the adorable things Damon had always been a bit jealous of other couples for. He sank into thoughts of what type of life they would lead, with both of them being villains and constantly having someone or other trying to kill them. Pandora would probably always have people trying turn her back to the 'light', while Damon would have the same people trying to kill him at all hours of the day and night. It would most likely take Pandora a bit of time to get used to it all, but Damon wouldn't mind. She could take as long as she needed, and he would be there to help her through everything. 
The door opened suddenly, pulling Damon out of his thoughts with a jolt. He turned, preemptively annoyed at whoever it was that dared to disturb him. "Pardon me...sir." Kirk said, stalling a bit as he realized what was going on. Damon sighed, standing up and gently placing Pandora back in the chair while doing his best not to disturb her slumber. "What is it?" He asked, turning back to his butler with an irritated flush in his cheeks. Kirk shook his head to himself, as though silently saying that this was none of his business and he shouldn't have cared what his boss did behind closed doors. "I apologize for coming in unannounced." The young man said, sheepishly. Damon waved off this remark. "Don't stress over it. Just do better next time." He said. Kirk nodded. "Yes sir." He said, picking a piece of paper out of his pocket. "I came with a request from the servants' hall, sir." He added, unfolding the note and looking it over. Damon raised an eyebrow. "Oh?" He said, a little surprised. No one really ever had any complaints, so this would have had to be something pretty serious. Kirk nodded. "Yes sir. I realize that it's a bit of an odd thing to ask, but we were hoping we could unplug the phones in the house. They have been ringing off the hook for nearly an hour now, and none of the people calling ever seem to have anything important to say. Unless you count about a million insults a minute as important." He added, under his breath. 
Damon laughed, a little relieved. "Sure, go ahead. I haven't had much trouble with mine, but if it's really that bad then I would actually prefer it if you did." He said. Kirk let out a little sigh of relief. "Thank you, sir. Is there anything I can get for you or...Ms. Viousce?" He asked, glancing at Damon's lover with a perplexed look. Damon started to say no, but then a thought hit him. "You know, there actually is." He said, realizing that Pandora was decked out from head to toe in the garb of a traveling hero; The clothes she wore as a base layer looked to be made of a heavy black cotton, which was stained and snagged in many places from her journey through Carpture. Over that, she had on a chainmail vest that looked more like a fashion accessory then something that was actually functional, a series of leather pads one her elbows, shoulders, knees, and anywhere else that bones were close to the skin, a large leather neck-cover-thing that looked almost like a detached turtleneck or a really large dog collar, and a belt that pulled it all together and had at least two dozen little bags and pouches attached directly to it or hanging on very short cords, so that they wouldn't get in the way when it came time to fight. She had been wearing a pair of gloves, too, but taken them off when she got to the cell Damon had wanted to keep her in a couple of hours ago. All in all, what she was wearing was not ideal for living a normal-ish life and just going about everyday business. 
"Get her something to wear that's a little more comfortable. A comfy dress or a shirt and some loose pants, something along those lines." Damon said, turning back to Kirk. The butler nodded, seemingly unfazed. "Yes sir. I'll see what I can do and be back as quickly as I can." He said, making a little bow and turning back down the hallway to attend to Damon's request. The young Duke watched him go, shaking his head and laughing a little. What was the gossip in the servants' hall going to look like now? He couldn't imagine everyone would take this the same way Kirk did. He was fairly certain his butler didn't possess the ability to be surprised by anything for very long, and he definitely didn't allow himself the time to be scared or confused. That was one of the best things about him. The others, however...they were a lot different. Perhaps a few of them would quit when they realized Pandora and Damon were going to become an actual thing. Maybe a few would start spying, trying to figure out what was going on while they were working. Damon shook his head, turning back to Pandora. Whatever happened, it was going to be the furthest thing from boring.  
Damon watched Pandora for a long moment, before deciding that he should move her somewhere a bit more comfortable. After all, it was all well and good to cuddle curled up together, but it lost its charm when you had to wake up and face the repercussions of falling asleep in such an uncomfortable position. With a little smile, Damon scooped his lover up into his arms, careful not to wake her as he carried her down the hall and to his room. She deserved better then the cage he had put her in before. And if they were technically together now, then the very minimum he could do was let her sleep comfortably.