Chapter 3

At Countess Room

The countess was getting ready when maid asked  

"MADAM, What you will wear for today?"

"Well, I will wear black today as we will be attending funeral soon." and as soon as countess said that two maids who was preparing dress and helping madam got pale and thinks" who is so unlucky today?' But the countess  just smirks.

Meanwhile two maids who were coming towards Countess room heard that , they got pale and face each other thinking that "Is it their last day?"

When guard saw maid he told the countess about their arrival. The countess stop all maids who is attending her now and said "Inform me when Emperor arrives?" and told them to leave alone except the guard. When the maids leave, she burns two incense sticks , which was weird as they were smelling that essence because, Countess burned both incense sticks.

"Did you complete the task?" the countess asked while keeping incense stick at table.

The maid replied " Yes madam, We completed the task"  eyeing the Countess movement.

"Does anybody knows this except you"  the maid told her about knight who helped them with this task.  when Countess listen she frowned, but soon she adjust her expression and said 

"Why didn't you bring him with you"  and told other maid to bring him here.

Meanwhile Countess take another incense stick and started burning it too. 

After few minutes 

The knight and maid came. They also seems to notice that three burning sticks. But soon they ignore it. When Countess see that all are here she eyed the guard, the guard nodded. And then, he appears behind maids and knight and they were shocked. Soon, there was the sound of swish of a blade.

*swish*

They didn't even have time to utter a word. When their necks were sliced , there eyes were full of horror and unwillingness as they were clutching there neck. 

thud

"They died an easy death". Countess said then she seems to notice that her carpet was also stained by their low blood. She frowned but didn't said anything. But it seems that guard already noticed her displeasure and spray some liquid  on bodies . After some seconds the bodies and blood vanished as there was nothing. But, both countess and guard seems to use to it. As it was nothing new for them.

"May god give them peace " after saying that countess dip them in holy water and keep it in box where there are many more sticks as them. After that there was no smell to be found or neither seen smoke. 

 Meanwhile at Count mansion

In Front gate,

There was a long line of knights standing there waiting for someone. The tension in the air was palpable.

There was a man who was wandering here and there. Then he  asks to the other knight.

"Are they here yet?"

The knight sees forward and replied to the man who is all nervous.

"NO COUNT, THERE IS NO ONE HERE"

After hearing the answer, the count seemed relax.

But suddenly, there was the sound of heavy footsteps, and with each footsteps the ground was shaking as it seems like earthquake.

With the sounds of nearing footsteps, the said knight was shaking and he fell one step backward in fear and takes the support of other knight. Then, he sees upward and saw that they are in no better condition than him. With difficulty, he sees toward the count and he saw that count had stopped in his track he was not moving but his face was deathly pale.

At last , who didn't fear EMPEROR AND HIS ARMY.