The Happily Ever After

I sat by the farthest corner in the San clair restaurant awaiting the most beautiful man on earth.

Yes, I used beautiful cause that's what he was.

At the same spot where we first met.

The greetings of the hostess made me look towards the entrance and there he was, he looked like he rushed over.

His well refined jaw now lightly covered in tiny stubble, his tiny dimples gracing me with its presence as he smiled.

My heart melted and I would never trust my voice if to talk right now.

How could this man still have this effect on me?. The same ones he had on me 15 years ago on this same spot.

When I met Brian in the online chat room, getting over an horrible heartbreak.

I didn't know I was getting my own other piece.

He walked over to me, having sighted me at the farthest corner where he preferred in restaurants, he was a fine reserved man.

"Evie! My love" He still called me that after all these years, the only name he called me by. I didn't like it coming from anyone else.

"I'm sorry I'm a little late, I had some trouble with the kids while I was heading here, they wouldn't let me leave"

We had planned to be kids free today, celebrating our ten year marriage anniversary. I had asked my mum to watch over them tonight. 

Jade and Josh. Our beloved twins. The double bundle of joy we shared. 

I smiled sweet and motioned for him to have his seat "It's fine honey, I haven't been waiting long".

He sat down, raised my hand gently from the table, Brought it closer to his mouth and dropped gentle pecks on them.

I smiled shyly. "How about we order now".

○●○●○●○●○●

We were walking down oakville Lane, hand in hand as we both relived our memories.

The same spot where he had first asked me to be more than friends.

I couldn't give a response that night and how sweet of him to have never pestered me about it.

The same spot where I had met with him to give him the response of taking things slow, I had trusted him that very night but didn't let it show.

He was patient with me and left all of the decisions with me.

Even while we got to know each other better, he never for once asked me of things I wasn't so comfortable doing. 

It was like he watched me grow and bloom to this beautiful woman I was today with lots of love in my heart. For just him.

We dated just two years, and we both knew what we wanted.

He popped the question under this same tree on this same day 10 years ago.

We waited a year before tying the knot. Just to attach more importance to the date.

We loved it!

"I can't help but try to picture what my life would look like right now if I had declined you those years ago". I asked as we stopped under the tree with the cool breeze blowing.

He smiled and his eye twinkled "I don't wanna imagine it love, you complete me". He simply replied with.

"I keep wandering, what if I had chosen to judge you by your cousin?"

"We wouldn't be here right now, and right now....I wouldn't be happy anywhere else" he squeezed my hands in his.

I smiled at him as he bent to my height.

Looking into each other's eyes again, I felt calm ab lost.

Like in a trance.

What he mostly did whenever he wanted to assure me.

"I love you very much Evie, and thank you for giving me a chance, for not judging me based on Aiden's actions those years ago".

I smiled and took his hands in mine.

"I love you so much Brian, you complete me".

And thank you for not making me fall in a ditch twice. Though I had every reason to think wrong of you.

You only made me see right.

I couldn't be happier, knowing I made the right decision those years ago, the right decision of trusting him with my heart.

The right decision of going on that one 'friends date' with him.

We arrived at our apartment and we could hear the playing voices of our 5 year olds. 

We both exchanged the knowing look and smile. The moment we opened that door.

Our bundle of joy from the date will come charging towards us in force.

                              THE END