The Alter-Ego

This episode is bought to you by Slippin' Jimmy and EpicestOfGamers

You were walking out of the store with Hector, you'd bought him a chocolate chip cookie.

"Thanks Y/N." He said, walking off.

"Y-yeah, no problem." You quietly spoke. You couldn't believe it, you DID murder Banana Joe. Well, not murder, but still. You were the reason why he was missing.

And you couldn't remember any of it!

You sighed, not knowing what to do. You started walking into the forest. No one can find you there, right?

You just keep travelling, not caring what's on your mind right now. You could be miles away from your home, but who would care? Darwin probably told everybody by now.

Who thought you, little old Y/N, could do it? You were just some...funny folder guy! Not a...powerful being.

How could it be you though? If it was, wouldn't you remember? 

"Darwin, I'm...I'm sorry, I never meant to do this." You were crying a bit, you were usually "manly" and never cried, but you couldn't be manly this time.

You sighed, what does it matter? You're saying this to no-one. You just...you just need a moment to think.

Think about how...no, WHO did this. To prove yourself innocent. That's what this was all about, right? So, who did this?

It was me, you idiot.

"Huh? Who said that?" You ask.

ME! God, why'd I get to be in YOUR brain?

"Huh? So you're like...my conscious?"

No, I'm your Alter-Ego.

"I knew it wasn't me! Fight me, you coward!" You said to this apparent 'Alter-Ego' in your head.

You want me to fight you, but I'm in your mind? God, you really ARE an idiot.

"Fix this, you jerk! Bring Banana Joe back!" You said to him.

No, he got what was coming to him, he challenged you, and FAILED! You wanted to win, right?

"Don't try tricking me with that, 'Alter-Ego pressures hero to trusting him' I'm not an anime protagonist! I'm a cartoon one!"

Whatever, you'll see that I'm right. Goodbye now.

"Hey! I'm not done talking to you, come back!"

But nobody answered.

You sighed, it was getting dark and the sun was setting. You needed to find someplace to rest.

You walked around the forest a bit, holding your stomach, you were getting a bit hungry, too. But you'd just have to fight it for now. You spotted a cabin, as you walked closely too it, but you realized it was locked. 

"Dammit." You murmed.

You sighed, you'd just have to sleep outside. You looked at the stars above, you'll have to stop this Alter-Ego guy, somehow. But you will. You then shut your eyes, and fall asleep.

You opened your eyes, seeing nothing but black.

"H-huh, where am I?"

"Finally...after all these years, you get to meet me!" A voice said.

"Who are you?..." You asked

"Simple, I am you."