25. You love him. Don't you?

"So this is how we are planning to move ahead with this product

"So this is how we are planning to move ahead with this product. We can look into the details further, to finalize a name for it." I say as I point at the presentation on the screen, as the meeting proceeds.

"Sir. Thisshoe has an updated look to it, so what if we come up with a name that matches thenew trend in themarket?" One of our employees speaks up and I look at our investors for their approval.

"We are okay with it Mr. Malik. Your team did an excellent job, and we believe in this too." They say and I smile, nodding.

"So... I was thinking how about we ta-" I was speaking when my secretary suddenly opened the door. I glared at him for barging into a meeting without knowing.

"Darsh wh-" I was about to scold him but when I saw him panting, with tension written all over his face, I stopped.

Something was wrong.Otherwise, he wouldn't interrupt the meeting in such a way.

"Sir... It's urgent!" He said gesturingtowards me and my phone that was in his hand.

"I will be back in a minute. Sorry." I apologize to everyone present there and after telling my manager with my eyes to handle this, I make my way out.

"What happened?" I ask him loudly.

"Sir... Someone called from Aditya Sir's phone... He..." He stops and my eyebrows furrow in confusion.

"What? Speak!" I shout, becoming restless and thinking of something horrible.

"He has met with an accident, not too far away from his office." He finally speaks and my eyes widen in shock.

Adi. Accident. No way.

My hands get cold as fear engulfs me about something happening to my best friend.

I quickly take my phone and call back on Aditya's number. My hands shiver as I wait for the call to be picked up.

Pick up. Pick up. Pick up.

"Hello?" I hear some unknown voice.

"Hello. Who's this?... Where is..." I was about to ask when the person replied.

"He had an accident, his car crashed into a truck. We are on the way to the hospital." He informs me and I am shocked. That would be an understatement.

"This was the last number on his recent dial list, so we thought to inform you. Can you come soon?" He asks.

Of course. I talked to him like just 20 minutes ago, before the meeting started.

"Yes... I am coming... Just please stay with him... Did you call the ambulance...and which hospital..." I shutter as I go to my office to pick up the keys of my car and immediately head towards the exit.

Darsh gives me a reassured look before I ask him to handle everything.

It was an important meeting. But nothing was more important than Aditya.