𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐒𝐈𝐗*

"Unbelievable." You shut the dresser drawer and release a mirthless chuckle. You can feel Din's gaze burning through you before you even turn around to face his furrowed brow.

"What is it?" Din's tone is laced with genuine concern.

"Not a single pair of pants in there." You cross your arms and watch Din raise an eyebrow. "I'm gonna have to ride a fathier in a dress."

Din's gaze lights up with discernment as he nods. "Right. That sounds... difficult." His words are genuine, despite the pause he takes.

You shrug and walk closer to where Din stands by the edge of the bed. "The other women will probably be wearing dresses, anyway."

Your heart leaps into your throat when Din rests his finger under your chin to make you face him. "But are you comfortable with it?"

You offer a smile. "I can handle it." You take his hand from your chin and lace your fingers with his. Your spine tingles with a sweet shiver when the cool metal of his rings meets your warm skin. "But I appreciate the concern." Your gaze meets his as you lift an eyebrow. "I've done more dangerous things before."

Din chuckles and nods. "All right." After taking a glance around the room to make sure you both have everything, Din leads the way out of the room and towards the fathier stables. As you walk, Din takes the opportunity to seek more information. "How was your time spent with the wives today?"

You resist the urge to look at him as you keep your voice low. "Much different from yesterday." You can sense Din's gaze on you as you prepare to elaborate. "They were much friendlier. I wonder if Bela realized she was blowing her cover."

"That could be." Din also keeps his voice low as he keeps you close to his side. "I noticed that at our meals. She needs to have you as close to her as possible leading up to tomorrow."

You steal a glance at Din and see him studying the path to the stables from his watch. "How was Garo?"

Din shrugs, though you don't miss the smile he tries to hide. "He didn't bother me."

You raise your brow at him. "It seems that someone's learned their lesson." You run your fingertips over his bruised knuckles.

Din meets your gaze with his own sparkling eyes. "Good." He looks to the way ahead again. "Drego's gone, though."

You furrow your brow. "What do you mean?"

Din shakes his head. "We must've scared him away." He glances at you again. "You didn't notice at our meals?"

"No." You release a worried sigh and focus on the way ahead. "Do you think he knows it was us?"

"If he did, we'd probably be dead." Din pauses as you step outside. "At least, they would've tried to kill us."

You huff and shrug. "Yeah, that's true."

Din gives your hand a squeeze, but when your slight grimace remains, he lifts his free hand to turn your cheek towards him. "I understand all of this..." Din gestures with his eyes to the Canto Bight shores and resort, "has been unnerving. But remember who you are under our guises." He nods at you. "An absolute badass."

You let out a genuine laugh as your face warms. Din lowers his hand from your face as he chuckles with you. "Well, thank you. I think this job has taken its toll on me." You nod at him. "But you're right."

Din's gaze is full of concern as he looks at you. "We don't have to stay."

You lift your entwined hands towards your lips. "We've got unfinished business, Rix." You kiss his knuckles with the nearby gathering of couples standing watch just a few feet away. "I'll be fine."