𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄*

You look up from where you've been tying off your boot to watch as Din puts on his last piece of beskar—aside from his helmet. He's testing all the pieces now, gently rotating his vambraces and easing each weapon into its appropriate place. The smile tugging at your lips is instinctive, especially after going so long without seeing him in his armor.

Sure, it's covering up a tempting view, but if you're being honest with yourself, it's just as alluring on its own. For a moment, you study his shoulder pauldron and remember his wound underneath it, but the memory of you wrapping it just an hour or so ago brings a wave of relief. Hopefully, the weight of the metal isn't too much on the blaster burn.

Din catches your eye from the hold, the corners of his mouth also tugging upward in a smile as he makes his way over to you. His gloved hand rises to your chin as you remain seated in your chair. His sparkling brown gaze reflects the blue lights of hyperspace as he searches your eyes.

You speak up before he has the chance to. "You were right."

Din lifts an eyebrow. "That's nothing new." The amusement in his tone makes you huff as the furrow in his brow becomes more serious. "But what did I get right this time?"

Your hand covers his vambrace and runs along the metal. You remain cautious, so as to not accidentally activate any weapons, and let your fingertips trace and dips and curves in the hand-crafted metal. "You're just as beautiful with your beskar on."

Din's gaze softens, his cheeks turning a light shade of red. "Beautiful?" You hum and nod. Din shrugs and looks away, his jaw circling in shyness. "I... don't remember saying that."

"It was something along those lines." You're the one who reaches for his face now, and you hold it as you urge him to look at you again. "I added my own twist to it."

Din's gloved hands gently hold your wrists. "Yeah?"

You slowly blink at him and nod. "Yeah."

One of Din's hands slides to the back of your neck, urging the two of you closer together until his mouth's on yours. The kiss is slow and passionate, taking its time as if the ship won't drop out of hyperspace at any moment. He tilts your head back more to deepen it, his mouth feeling every inch of your own like he's savoring it. You're just as eager and hungry for him, knowing that once your ship's on dry land, Din's helmet will keep you from seeking what you've been able to have freely this past week.

The two of you only pull apart when your lungs begin to burn for air. Din's forehead rests against your own, his eyes still closed as he chuckles to himself. "I remember now." His voice is rough from his lack of air, but his tone is soft. "I thought I'd be bolder in my armor." Din opens his eyes and raises his brow. "Turns out it's you who's bolder with my armor on."

You shrug and laugh. "We'll see once that helmet goes on."

"Right." Din lifts his head from yours, though the movement is slow, as if he's pushing against an invisible force to separate himself from you. He finds the helmet that sits in the hold and tightens his jaw. "I never thought I'd want to keep it off."

You find his gloved hands and thread your fingers through his. "Well, a lot's changed in the past week."

Din's gaze finds yours again. He tilts his head and gives it a shake. "No, nothing's changed." He steps close enough to press a kiss to your forehead. "The truth's just finally come out."

You beam and shake your head in shyness. Din walks back towards the hold and you stand from your chair to follow him. He takes his helmet between his hands and faces you. His brown eyes instantly give you a once-over, and you do the same to yourself. The corners of your mouth curl up in a devious smile. "Really?"