13

"Holy shit, Miss Priss

"Holy shit, Miss Priss." Eddie started in disbelief, a wide-grin filling his face as he barked out a laugh and leant back in his seat. Joan groaned, wishing she was anywhere else but here. She regretted ever pulling over and not taking the shot at Eddie while she had the chance. "Straight-laced Henderson likes to listen to Devil worship."

"Listen, Munson. If you forget this night ever happened I'll take it as payment for driving you up to the store." Joan tried to sound intimidating, but instead the words came of pleading when she tried to hide the fact that it hurt to talk. Thankfully the store came in sight and Joan sighed in relief, pulling into the store's parking lot.

"Sure, sure." Eddie waved Joan off casually, getting out of the car and Joan followed. They must have looked night and day - metalhead and prep - walking side by side into the general store. Eddie seemed to walk in a way where you could never guess his next step, while Joan forced herself in a straight line as if she was going down a runway. "You always walk like you've got a stick up your ass?"

"Do you always walk like you've got ants in yours?" Joan smiled back thinly, CDw f GB c v Eddie walked in first. "No manners..."

Eddie's eyebrow lifted at the comment and shoved his hands into his pocket with a shrug. "If I got no manners I guess I could just tell everyone here-"

"Eddie!" Joan hissed out, ignoring the laugh at her distress. "What are we here for anyways?"

"New alternator." He replied simply, as if Joan knew what the hell in alternator was, turning around quickly and nearly racing towards the auto aisle. "The old man here keeps two or three in the back."

"Right...." Joan dragged with a sigh and pulled on her sweater to get some air. "So it's a quick fix?"

"With the right tools, a little light, and maybe a smoke..." Eddie squatted down and reached for a small cardboard box, showing it to Joan with a grin and dancing eyebrows. "...and maybe the right music."

Joan ignored Eddie, turning sharply on her heel and heading towards the front while ignoring Eddie's very obvious sounds of falling on his butt. "I'll be in the car."

Stepping out into the muggy night was somehow worse and Joan groaned, taking off the sweated and rubbing uncomfortably at her neck and wrists. She probably should have gotten something to drink while in there and after thinking about she turned around to go grab some water.

"Holy fuck." Eddie Munson hissed out as if he was in pain, his eyes darting from Joan's neck to her wrists in concern. "Are... are you okay?"

No. No the fuck she wasn't, Joan thought to herself. Everything was fucked up and she just almost died, and her best friend was in trouble, and... well... everything just majorly sucked.

"O-oh yeah, I'm fine. Why?" Joan blurted out quickly, running over to her door and opening it. "W-we should get going. I gotta pick my little brother up from the mall and possibly my ex-boyfriend, w-well he's Dustins friend, but also my ex. We broke up. Well, he broke up with me and now he serves ice cream, and hangs out with my brother in a sailor costume. Well, my ex wears the sailor costume and serves ice cream, not... my... brother."