Chapter 177 - For You

Chapter Cover: Eve seating against a railing as she stared outward toward the night sky which had a moon above her.

The ball continued for quite late into the night. They were more dancing done into the night and I was simply enjoying the festivities with everyone. It was still nice to have some days like this after all the fighting that we have been doing since we arrived here in Crocus. I was looking at the dancing couples thought my mind keep going back to that Elizabeth girl, making me wonder who she was really.

If she had somehow gotten inside the castle during the festivities, she must have been someone from higher standing than most, and it made me wonder why she had decided to go that shy girl route just to simply ask me to dance. She simply should have been herself and I might have decided to even let her dance with me. Letting out a soft sigh, I took a sip from the alcoholic drink that I was holding in my hand before placing it down upon the table finishing it completely.

I made my way toward the entrance of the ball, giving the laughing and smiling people a soft glance backward before leaving the room behind. I was never really a great help at parties and if I was drawing as much attention as Erza and the others were, I needed a few minutes to take a breath of fresh air after all, there is only so much that someone can smell the taste of food before starting to get annoyed with it. The hallways of the castle were still light up with lacrima lights which bathed it in a beautiful yet, soft light. The building was really well made with the statues of knights standing guard around the building like an endless watcher of the sight.

I made my way through the building, turning a glance toward the side finding a balcony giving way toward an opening outside. I quickly opened the glass door that led to it and opened it. The soft warm breeze of a summer night rippled through my clothing as I made my way into the opening. A blue moon was shining above us, bathing the expending city of Crocus into the shining light of the celestial body that was seating upon the cloudless sky.

Stars were gently twinkling above in the night sky and I looked up toward it, breathing in the warm air letting it fill up my lung before breathing out. It was quite a calming experience as I stood there in the balcony of the castle. I turned my gaze downward toward the large maze of edges that were on the ground beneath us thought some of them looked damaged probably form the Dragon attack that happened a few days ago. It was still hard to believe all that had happened on that fateful July 7th. The people who traveled back in time…the Dragon who came pouring out of the Eclipse Gate…Future Sakura who had come back from the future to kill me…

It had been a life-changing day…that same day that I was born into this wonderful, dangerous and love filled world. I had met many people over the years here more than I never knew back in my old world. I don't think much of Earth now, and the memories I had of that place were strangely like a dreamlike sensation. Whenever I tried to think of tv, the thing my mind conjure now is the lacrima video that they have here in Earth land…when I think of my mother, Nova's features were the one that came to mind, not the woman that I knew was once my mother…when I think of friends, the people of Fairy Tail were the ones that I remembered not the ones that I knew before…

"Life really had taken a strange turn hasn't it?" I mumbled softly, "I never expected to be able to live two lives and remembering living these two lives…but I am really thankful for it…I don't know if I was lucky or if there really is a higher power out there…whoever had made this possible, thank you."

I leaned against the railing of the building feeling the wind breathing through my hair as it danced the bang that I had over my left eye and as wind was dancing softly I gently started to hum one of my old songs that I still remembers from the times that I played guitar back then. It was strange that I remember most of the songs that I used to play. A soft chuckle grew from my lips as I stared at the moon above me and then I opened my lips and started to sing softly tapping against the railing with my hand.