Chapter 184 - An Unusual Job Offer

Chapter Cover: Eve and Erza seating together waving as they were both holding a large banner that said "Thank you to all the fans for the 47.6k reads!"

I stared at the girl seating there, shocked. I couldn't believe that it was really her seating here talking to the Master like he was an old friend. When I last saw her at the Grand Ball, I had a feeling that I would be seeing her again, but I didn't expect that to be this soon. The young woman chuckling softly as Makarov was speaking and I couldn't believe that she was actually here in the guild.

But why is she here? I thought.

"You know her?" Cana asked.

I gave her a glance.

"We crossed path during the Grand Ball," I said, "Other than that… I really don't know anything about her."

"She must have been a spectator of the Games," Erza said.

"I want to know what exactly she is doing here," I said walking forward.

As I got closer, Elizabeth's eyes instantly turned in my direction almost as if she had sensed me approaching. Her eyes were a shade of purple that seems almost black as she met my own eyes and her smile seems to widen even more making her look slightly devious as how it was glinting in the natural light that was within the guild.

(ELIZABETH BABYYY)

"And here is the person of honor," she said raising a hand toward me.

The Master and the others glanced at my general direction. Makarov laughed lightly.

"Eve, my girl," he greeted, "You have a visitor from the Grand Magic Games. I heard she is a fan of yours."

I stared at Elizabeth, "A long way to travel just to meet me Elizabeth."

The girl joined her hands together upon her lap, a picture of innocence and yet as I was looking at her features, there was something more hidden beneath those purples eyes. Something about her tugged at me with familiarity, something I couldn't understand. I have never met her before, at least not until that night at the Ball.

"I know," she smiled, her eyes shifting to Erza who was standing a little behind me, "And you must be the legendary Titania Erza sir Makarov was telling me about."

"A pleasure to meet you Elizabeth," the redhead nodded at her, "What exactly brings you here to the guild?"

"Ah yes," Elizabeth said clapping her hands, "I had almost forgotten why I came here. The company here was so lovely that the memory was almost gone. Thank you for reminding me Miss Scarlet. I am here for a simple reason really…I want a bodyguard."

"A bodyguard?" Erza repeated.

Elizabeth nodded.

"Yes," she said, "I have never really needed one before, but hiring a common person is just too much of a hassle and since Fairy Tail is currently the best guild in the entire Kingdom right now, I decided that I must come here to get to it."

The young woman stood up from where she was seating.

"I have come here in hopes of finding someone worthy but I got sidetracked talking with your master," she said giving Master Makarov a small smile, "Considering that I am familiar with Eve the most since our previous meeting, I have decided to chose her as my bodyguard."

I crossed my arms.

"Why would you want a bodyguard?" Master Makarov asked, giving the girl a concerned look, "Is someone targeting you?"

Elizabeth chuckled.

"Well, I wouldn't be surprise if someone isn't targeting me sir Makarov," she said, "As head of the Mable Foundation, having someone attacking you at random is part of the job."