XX

This wasn't the first time they were assigned as roommates; but it didn’t make things easier for Lia. Specially when she's been secretly developing feelings for her co-member.  It was impossible not to, with Ryujin's bright smile and twinkling eyes, but above all her kind and gentle soul. Lia tried to fight it, but eventually she gave in and admitted her feelings to herself.

There was something about the way Ryujin carried herself that was just so magnetic. Lia could hardly keep herself from staring whenever they were in the same room together.

Sharing the same bed with the younger girl was always exciting but at the same time agonizing.

The cold night air was biting, and Lia huddled under the blankets, trying to get warm. She glanced over at Ryujin, who was sound asleep. The other girl looked so peaceful and beautiful in the moonlight, and Lia felt her heart ache. She knew she shouldn't, but she couldn't help herself. She reached out and brushed her fingertips through Ryujin's soft hair.

"Ryujinie..will you look at me, like I'm the only one.."

Lia was answered by a light snore.

"Guess not.."

Lia peeled her hand off of Ryujin and rolled to the other direction, shivering and trying to sleep, while Ryujin calmly breathed in and out, lost in dreams.

Lia tossed and turned, trying to get comfortable, but the cold seeped into her bones and wouldn't let her rest.  She wished she could just curl up next to Ryujin and fall asleep in her arms.

Suddenly, she felt warm as Ryujin stirred in her sleep and reached out for Lia.

"Ryujin are you -"

"Sshh just come in."

Lia froze, not knowing what to do. Ryujin pulled her close and hugged her tightly. The gesture was so unexpected and so intimate that Lia felt her heart race.

Lia could feel the warmth emanating from her body. She felt herself blushing as she snuggled into Ryujin's warm embrace. She could feel her heartbeat against her back and it was the most soothing sound she'd ever heard..  She slowly relaxed into the embrace and allowed herself to drift off to sleep.

In her sleep, Lia began to talk.
"Ryujin..." she whispered, feeling safe and warm in the other girl's arms.

"Ryujin is mine.."

Ryujin's heart skipped a beat.  She wasn't sure if she had heard her correctly, but she knew she didn't imagine it.

Ryujin tried to close her eyes and focus on the sound of Lia's breathing, but her mind kept wandering. She thought about what it would be like to kiss her, to hold her close. She was so lost in thought that She didn't notice when Lia started to talk again.

"Ryujin," she said softly,  "I like you."

Ryujin heard every word, and was thrilled. She couldn't wait to hear it again when Lia was awake. Surely, this meant that Lia felt the same way about her.

"Lia...you’re so cute, what will I do with you."

The next morning, Lia woke up to find herself cuddled up against Ryujin. She could feel her warm breath on her neck and her arm around her waist. She felt herself blushing and tried to move away, but Ryujin only tightened her grip."Good morning," she whispered, in a husky voice.

"Good morning," Lia replied, her voice barely above a whisper.

They both lay there in silence, neither of them wanting to move. Finally, Lia took a deep breath and sat up.

"I should get up," she said, but made no move to leave Ryujin's side.

"Yeah, I should too," Ryujin said, but she didn't let go of her.

They both looked at each other, their eyes full of unsaid words. Finally, Ryujin spoke

"I am looking at you, there was so much love in my eyes, but you were the only one who couldn't see it."

"Ryujin..were you awake-"

"I like you too," Ryujin cut her off, her voice full of emotion.

Lia gasp, her heart pounding in her chest. She didn't dare move, afraid to break the spell. Slowly,  Ryujin leaned in and kissed her. It was soft and gentle at first, but quickly turned passionate. Lia kissed back with all the pent-up longing and desire she had been feeling for Ryujin. They finally pulled away, gasping for breath. Ryujin cupped Lia's face in her hands and looked at her with so much love and tenderness that Lia's eyes filled with tears. She knew this was real, and it was the most beautiful thing she had ever experienced.

"I love you," Lia whispered, her eyes full of tears.

aaannnddd HBD to me
wrote this on a whim, on the eve of my birthday..a gift to myself? 😑

anyway
thoughts?