𝟎𝟐 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

| Chapter 2 |

"TRISHNA!" Madhu yells, frantically stuffing her luggage bag with her utilities as Trishna paces the room, worry etched on her face.

"Madhu hold on-"

"We need to reach the airport in two hours! Your lengha needs to fit in that bag," Madhu exclaims, looking pointedly at the lengha splayed out on their bed.

"Chill, our flight leaves at 5 pm, you know, three hours left," Trishna quirked a brow and Madhu huffs in annoyance.

"Shona, we HAVE to get going or Sultan is going to rip my hair out," Madhu grumbles and Trishna sighed.

"You'll rip our hair out when you see him," Trishna mumbled under her breath and Madhu's attention snapped to her.

"Did you say something?" she asked, zipping up the bag, letting out a sigh.

"Uhm....why would I say something about, about er something?"

Trishna shifted her weight from one foot to another, her focus on Madhu now.

"Shona, you look like you're going to shit your pants, so I'd say use the bathroom, however something's bothering you and you need to spill it. So tell me."

Madhu crossed her arms over her chest arching a perfect eyebrow at her guilty sister, sitting on the bed.

"Di woh- act-actually Sultan said,'' Trishna stuttered but was cut off by a shrill ringing.

"Thank god," she sighed, placing a hand over her heart as Madhu picked her phone, answering the call.

Madhu grimaced hearing the excited shrieks and screams of her future brother-in-law, and held the phone away from her ear.

"Sul- Sult- SULTAN I CAN HEAR YOU!"

She yelled at her phone then groaned, facepalming a little too hard muttering a soft "Ow."

Trishna snickered as she stuffed her lengha in the suitcase and beconked Madhu over to sit on the suitcase while she zipped it closed.

"Sultan please, we are coming-" Madhu cut herself off with a dramatic gasp and then pouted.

"You-you liar! I knew it, why did you tell me to come so late?!" she shrieked, getting up off the suitcase but Trishna shoved her back down on top of it because the stubborn zip wouldn't go all the way.

"Madz do it harder yaar!" she groaned and Madhu glared at her, hearing Sultan cackle on the other line.

"I told you I wanted to be there before, before him, and still," Madhu whined as Trishna sighed in relief, zippig the bag shut.

"No my soon-to-be jijaji, she doesn't know about my arrival so please keep it under wraps. Also you and her were planning to tell me I arrived later than the nemesis, why?"

She looked at Trishna, narrowing her eyes at her, and then looked at the bags in front of them while Sultan prattled off on the other end.

"I promise, I promise. I won't kick the li-"

"JIJU WE GOTTA GO," Trishna hollered, yanking the phone out of Madhu's hand and heard a chuckle as acceptance on the other end.

Cutting the call, she yanked Madhu by the arm and pointed to the luggage.

"Let's get going!"

"I thought her highness said three hours is too early."

Grinning at her sister, she picked up the suitcases, rolling them to the entrance door of the apartment.

"The cab is waiting downstairs, let's go," Trishna offered her a smile and they bolted downstairs to reach the cab.

They were dropped off at the airport safely and Sultan ringed Madhu once again to see if the duo reached safely. She told him not to worry and then went through security, finally stopping at a coffee shop inside with Trishna to grab some food before boarding the flight.

"Why didn't you tell me he would be there earlier?" Madhu questioned, looking into her coffee cup.

"If I told you a certain someone would be there earlier, you wouldn't be excited for Deeps wedding, plus Sultan told me you'd find some excuse to not be present for the starting events," Trishna stated softly, reaching over the table, placing a hand over Madhu's.

She was silent so Trishna continued.

"He works at the hospital nearby, not being on-call allowed him to come to the wedding events early."

"I didn't ask about him."

"Madz, he is Sultan's older brother...one day you will have to face him, you know that right? Deeps is getting married to Sultan, our Deeps," Trishna mumbled.

Madhu's solemn gaze met her concerned one, a ghost of a smile flickered over her face. She squeezed Trishna's hand.

"She's getting married to someone she loves and I am happy for her. I just...if one of us was present wouldn't it be awkward Trishna? I haven't even seen him in so long, I'm worried I'll overreact and ruin something. He's close to both of them, I don't want to ruin anything between anyone."

"You won't. You're just scared...scared that old feelings will come back, not scared of him. I know I'd poke his right eye out with a fork and Deeps would too if you told her what happened...but ek na ek din toh you'll see him na," Trishna said and Madhu nodded.

"You're right," Madhu said, squaring her shoulders and let out a soft sigh.

"I'm a strong person, I will not let this fear stop me from enjoying our Deeps' wedding, I promise," she smiled as Trishna grinned.

"There's our Madhu. And don't-"

"Don't be mad at Sultan, yes ma'am."

She winked at Trishna then gathered their trash from the table, throwing it away, as Trishna sighed softly looking at her sister doing what she did best - putting on a strong mask on for her loved ones.

They boarded the airplane and would land in Chennai after 37 hours. Madhu was fast asleep on Trishna's shoulder and she looked at her older sister, sleeping peacefully without any tension on her radiant face.

"I'm sorry Madhu di, for whatever happens here on out, but it's for the best," Trishna thought to herself and pulled the blanket properly over her sister.

Her Di deserved the world in her eyes, and for that if she had to use a wedding as an excuse to give her sister the happy ending she deserved, she would do it gladly.

____________

Chennai, India

"So the plan is set?" asked Rishabh, adjusting the marigold garland on the pillar.

Sultan smirked and threw a marigold at Rishabh, who huffed and caught it with his fast reflexes, his muscles flexing through his kurta sleeves.

"Consider the plan done boss," he winked, saluting RK, who couldn't help but smile.

"You're a goof, you know that right?" he told him, amusement sparkling in his light brown eyes, as Sultan chuckled.

"I might be, but a certain someone I know...well he is whipped, smitten, head over heels-"

"Shut your mouth and help me with this, gadha number one, put some use to your constant bodybuilding," RK said, throwing a garland at Sultan who rolled his eyes and proceeded to help his other brother with preparations for a certain someone's surprise.

_________

AN: Sorry about the slow updates, I'll do better with it after this week! This chapter was sort of a filler, I hope you all liked it! :)

~ Saanjh