feb. 6th

-day 6-

You woke up with a start. The dreadful alarms were back, and you didn't like them any more than you did last week. Knowing you wouldn't exactly want to end up with a tardiness slip, you got up, and got yourself ready for school. After you finished getting ready, you quickly ate your breakfast as it wasn't that big of a meal by itself. After brushing your teeth, you bid goodbye to your mom and headed out.

Hyunjin had informed you yesterday that he would be going to school extra early today, leaving you to head to school alone. You reached school earlier than you thought, so you took your books from your locker and back to your classroom, your mood improving with every step you took. You enter the classroom and make a beeline for your desk, when a certain tuft of brown hair catches your eye. You stared at his sleeping state for what seemed to be a while, then continued back to your desk. You notice yet another note and rose situated on top of your desk.

If you need a lover, let me know and let me in
I can treat you better,
steal you roses everyday
I might not have, a fancy car
But I fancy you
So give me a chance,
If you need a lover, baby

-bc

After reading the note and stuffing it into your bag, not neglecting to notice how this was the third time you received a note with this writing, along with the rose, you look back to Chan. You observed his pretty features, those relatively small eyes that would sparkle every time they fluttered open, his seemingly soft lips, the fluffy tuft of brown hair that sat on top of his head, he just looked beautiful. A little bit of sunlight peeked through the window, shining down on him, which just accentuated his features even more. His eyes fluttered open, partly due to the sunlight and partly due to the chattering of the students who now started filling in the classroom. Afraid to be caught staring, you averted your gaze to somewhere else, but you were still stealing glances at him, until during an attempt to steal another look at him, your eyes met. You felt your face heat up and you quickly looked away, knowing full well he caught you. You pull the things you needed for the class out of your bag as the bell rang, still embarrassed about the recent incident. Your teacher then comes in, and you simply pray you wouldn't get called out to do something where Chan would need to help you.

time skip: lunch

After the mildly interesting lesson that had just finished, you made your way to the cafeteria today, and to your surprise, the table was empty. Thinking Hyunjin might've had another class with that one infamous classmate of his, you simply put your bag on the table and lined up to get food. When you had gotten to your table, you put down your food tray and sat down. While eating, you heard light yet still annoying squeals and you look over to the cafeteria's entrance to see Hyunjin pretty much strutting into the cafeteria, looking pretty frustrated. Once he had gotten to you, the squealing thankfully stopped, and the two of you ate in silence.

"Is it him again?"

You say in an attempt to break the silence, hoping it would work.

"Yeah"

"Who even is this classmate of yours?"

"I think you know him actually, he's the one from the music club"

"Jisung?"

"Yep. That one."

"I met him the other day, he seems nice."

"He seems to be perfectly civil to everyone except me, I don't know what his problem is."

Hyunjin says, each word sounding more aggressive than the last. You change the topic, in an attempt to make Hyunjin's anger dissipate, even just for a moment.

"I got another one today"

"The note?"

He says and you hand him the note, he scanned the note quicker than usual and returned it to you.

"It's the same as the first one again"

"I know. I've got three of these now"

You two continue to eat, the silence becoming more and more awkward as it dragged on.

"You don't think they're planning to reveal themselves soon?"

"Why?"

He asks in confusion. You're honestly a little confused you even thought of the thought so you feel the need to explain why.

"Because them repeating the first note they ever sent to me might just mean the poem is ending soon, kinda like it coming in full circle."

"That's another way to look at it"

The two begin to chat and eat like normal again, as if the awkwardness from earlier just dissolved into thin air. The bell again rang earlier than the both of you liked and the two of you hurriedly returned your lunch trays and took off before even saying goodbye to each other, as the two of you would probably meet later anyways.

Time Skip: End of Classes

Once the bell signaling the end of classes for the day echoed for the entire school to hear, the students including yourself scrambled to get out of their seats, gathering and stuffing their things into their school bags, and leaving after saying a quick goodbye to your teacher. You headed to your locker, put away your books and headed out of the campus. You found Hyunjin waiting for you again and the two of you walked home, stopping along the way because P.E had tired you out by a lot.  Soon the two of you reached you homes. After a quick bye, you entered and after making sure your mother wasn't home yet, you made a beeline for your room, and collapsed on your bed. Then, only a few seconds later, you were sound asleep.

-----------------------

I need to stop underestimating the amount of time I need to get one chapter prepared for publishing lsndldmkfmf