feb. 1st

-day 1-

I see you driving your car down to school,
your lips are so fine and you're looking so cool
I know you've noticed me too,
And if I'll be honest with you now maybe,
I'm thinking maybe

-bc

Your eyebrows furrow in frustration as you read the note left on your desk, a beautiful red rose situated right next to it. You were confused, as why would someone leave notes like this? and most importantly, who would leave notes like these? You were also somewhat frustrated, as you were curious to find out what was gonna come after the four lines of what seemed to be an incomplete poem. Will it even continue? As you ask yourself all of these confusing questions, you sit down, and your classmate Bang Chan enters the classroom, catching your attention. You look down on the note that you were holding and then back at him. Maybe he put the note there? You simply shake your head, there were probably a lot more people here with the letters "bc" as their initials. Your teacher then comes in, prompting you to shove the note and the rose into your backpack and take out the things you actually needed. You let out a sigh, this was going to be a long and boring class.

time skip : lunch break

The two long hours of boredom and some may even say torture finally ended, and when the bell finally rang, the students practically dashed out of the classroom at the speed of light. You made your way to the school cafeteria, which was just as noisy as ever. You found your spot at the corner of the room, your best friend waiting there, munching on a sandwich he probably made for himself as you lined up to get food. Once you received the food, you made your way over to him.

"So, how was class?"

"boring"

He simply nods, as if to say "mine too" and took another bite of the sandwich.

"I found a rose and a note on my desk today"

You say. His head tilts in confusion for a little bit before he simply scoffs.

"Why would anyone even like you?"

"Hwang Hyunjin-"

You say, your speech cut off by a spoon of food your friend had very conveniently shoved into your mouth. You let out a huff of annoyance and pulled the spoon out, chewing the food he had just fed you.

"can I see the note?"

He says and you begrudgingly hand him the note that you had found on your desk earlier.

"bc huh, you don't think it's Bang Chan right?"

You shake your head vigorously. To you, there is no way in hell that guy would ever intentionally give you anything to boost your happiness, because why would he even bother to do such thing? With his high position in the school council and all the sports activities he had to keep up with, he'd be too busy to even like anyone.

"No, he's too invested in other things to have a love life"

"Fair point"

Hyunjin states, gives the note back to and pops the last piece of his sandwich into his mouth. After you shove the note back into your bag, you returned your lunch tray and the bell rang, signaling the resume of the classes. You sigh as you mentally prepare yourself for the mental torture you were now going to experience. As soon as you entered the classroom, Chan caught your eye again. He seemed to be invested in something, scribbling furiously into the battered notebook of his that you'd see every once in a while. You took your seat and after what seemed to be an eternity of staring, your eyes met with his. You quickly looked away, embarrassed that he had caught you staring. You turned your attention to other things, like how the flock of birds flew past and how neat and clean the handwriting on the note was. Your teacher then enters, and now, the seemingly endless cycle called "class" begun.

Time Skip (again) : end of school

Hyunjin had been waiting for you at the school's gate when you got out of class. The two of you walked home together, as the two of you were neighbors. Once you got to the front of your house, you bid Hyunjin goodbye as his house was on the other side of the street and you walked into the house you called home.

"I'm home!"

You say, hoping for an answer, but nothing but silence greeted you. Your mother was probably still at work, so you simply head over to your bedroom, opening your backpack to start on today's homework. The note and the rose peeked out expectantly, so you simply took the both of them, you pinned the note onto a cork board above your desk, while you put the slightly messy looking rose into a vase filled with water on your nightstand. You plop down on your bed, ready to start and finish your homework and once you were done, you didn't feel hungry at all. So you simply laid down, still thinking about the note you had received hours prior, until you drifted off into a peaceful slumber.

-------------------------------

I hope rlly hope that I can finish this story this time around.

ig I'll have to see if my inconsistency wins me over again-