feb. 2nd

-day 2-

The loud blaring of the alarm you had set a few weeks prior woke you up. Though you had set the alarm to your favorite song, you wanted nothing more than to just sleep again, but knowing full well you'd probably be late to school if you slept any more, you got up, went straight to the bathroom, ignoring how cold it was to take a shower and pee. After you finished, you put on your school's summer uniform, packed all of your things and headed down to your home's kitchen. There, a plate of food was sitting along with a note. What's with the notes and why were you receiving so many of them? You checked the note to see your mother's handwriting.

I know we usually have breakfast together, but I needed to show up for work extra early today.
I promise I'll take you out for dinner later.

-mom

You smiled while looking at the note. Even with her busy schedule, she would always keep these simple promises that she made. You ate the breakfast she made happily and made your way to school. After retrieving your books from your locker, you made your way to your classroom, and yet again, there was another note accompanied by a rose located on your desk. You approached your desk and took the note.

If you need a lover, let me know and let me in
I could treat you better,
steal you roses everyday
I might not have, a fancy car,
but I fancy you, so give me a chance
if you need a lover, baby

-bc

You now had the answer to one of the questions you asked yourself yesterday, as the poem did continue, yet it seems like it was still incomplete. But, along with the answer came more questions. Do I really need a lover right now? Does this person actually like me or are they just messing with me? Did they actually steal the rose that came along with the note? More and more nonsensical questions arose in your mind as you sat down in your chair, shoved both the note and the rose into your bag again and thought deeply, who could be sending those notes to you?

Your deep thoughts were soon cut by your teacher walking into the classroom, which made you take out all of the things needed from your bag, not like you were going to use them anyways but your teacher might take notice of that so you just took them out and stared at the writing on the whiteboard. The writing on the board to you made no sense at all as you were still thinking about who might've sent you the note.

"Park Subin, are you still with us?"

Your teacher says and you snap out of the trance you put yourself in.

"I asked you to please rewrite the sentence I have written in English, can you do that for me?"

You nod your head in response and stand up. When you reached the board, since you weren't listening at all, you didn't know what to do. You stood there, holding your teacher's marker, probably looking stupid in front of your whole class. You gulped, you still didn't know what you were going to do. Your teacher probably took the hint because she spoke again.

"Who would like to help Subin?"

You continued staring at the words written on the whiteboard, hoping that the answer would just naturally come to you.

"Ah yes, Chan. Please do come over here and help."

Chan comes over to the whiteboard.

"May I have the marker?"

You nod and give him the marker immediately. He mutters a small thanks and begins writing on the whiteboard. His handwriting was neat, it reminded you of the handwriting on the note. His initials were also b and c. Your eyebrows furrowed in confusion yet again, you refused to believe this busy man would bother with something as small as notes and roses. He finished quickly. Your teacher soon spoke again.

"Very good. You two may take your seats."

Your teacher gives you a stern look before you go back to your seat. As you sat down, thoughts of the note filled your mind yet again, but not wanting to be embarrassed even more, you snap out of it and force yourself to listen.

Time Skip: Lunch

As soon as the bell rang, signifying the start of lunch time, most students, including you this time, dashed out of the classroom as fast as humanly possible to head over to the cafeteria, eager as you were eager to get out of the place you were humiliated in just 2 hours prior. Once you reached the cafeteria, you find the small table you and Hyunjin usually occupy to be empty, so you quickly leave your backpack on the chair, just to make sure no one else occupies the table and then you lined up to get food. You had already gotten back to your table and was about halfway done with your food when Hyunjin finally strolled into the cafeteria. He walks over to you, puts his bag down beside him and takes out his sandwich. He then now unwraps the sandwich and bites into it, his eyes displaying visible signs of annoyance. You stayed quiet and didn't press the issue, as you knew he'd probably tell you soon enough. But, to your surprise, the table stayed uncomfortably silent. Unable to take it any longer, you told him about the note you had once again received.

"I got another note today"

"Now someone's dedicated. Can I see?"

You take the note out from the inside of your backpack, hand the note over to him and after a quick scan, he gives the note back to you. He seemed very interested in who and why someone would send these little notes to you. After a bit, you returned your now empty lunch tray and as you slung your backpack back onto your shoulders, the bell rang again. You wait for Hyunjin at the doorway at the cafeteria as all of your remaining classes were shared with the freshmen, meaning Hyunjin would be there for every remaining class of yours, making you actually look forward to it.

time skip: end of school

The two of you walk home together, with none of you having to wait for the other as your classes ended at the exact same time, chatting happily along the way. When you reached your house's front door, you bid goodbye to Hyunjin as you enter the house.

"I'm home"

You say, with again no one replying. Your mother was probably still at work. You headed straight for your bedroom, again pinning up the note you got and adding the rose to the vase you had set up yesterday. You plopped down on your bed, tired from the amount of physical work you had to do in P.E. today and before you knew it, you were off to dreamland.

-----------------------------

I forgot to publish this yesterday I'm so sorry kjhgfsdf

But I am pleased to say that I'm still motivated to write, meaning the inconsistency hasn't got to me just yet >:]